Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2014, 07:45 PM

Default Fast mode

I have done a live recording but when I am playing back it is in the fast Mode. I do not know how to change the setting to get it back to normal. Can someone help this new by please???
Old 11-17-2014, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Fast mode

Nowhere near enough info What exactly do you mean by "fast mode"? How fast? Like the difference between a 44.1K sample at 44.1, and then at 48K(which would be like 2-3 steps higher pitch and 20% faster) or like double speed and chipmunk sounding? Exactly what was the recording setup(every piece) and record settings? And what is your exact and complete playback system that sounds incorrect? Barring further info, I bet your recorded with some digitally connected piece that was providing clock, and it was set differently than the session sample rate.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-18-2014, 10:17 PM

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!

I am having a very similar problem with protools 7.1 on a digi 02 rack. When i open up a new session, create a track, select a mic output and record into the mic my recording plays back in a chipmunk voice?????

When i open up an existing session playback is fine until i create a track, select a mic output and attempt to record. During record mode the entire session plays tuned down as if it has been pitch shifted.

TROUBLESHOOTING PERFORMED:
I have adjusted the sample rates, buffer sizes, internal clock, deleted PT pref folders and data bases, shut down the system and exchanged ports and wires. Changing ports corrected the issue for 1 attempt then the issue continued. I am extremely confused as this issue just started out of the clear blue.

PLEASE!!!!!! ANY COMPETENT AUDIO HEAD, HELP ME ( I JUST WANT TO CREATE SOMETHING ASAP)... THANK YOU "AVID PRO AUDIO COMMUNITY"
Old 11-18-2014, 10:58 PM

These problems are almost always simply caused by having stuff at the wrong sample rate (other problems are usually caused by finger problems moving tempo on click based tracks -- that won't be the issue here). Either audio files in a session that don't match the session sample rate or an interface that does not match the session sample rate (and sometimes they are not set to what Pro Tools claims/sets them to).

So the only thing worth looking at is sample rate settings in Pro Tools and on your interface.

Start with a new empty session set to the sample rate you want and check your interface is also set to this sample rate when the session opens (LEDs on the front panel). Record something and play it back. Does that work?