Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT8 constant -6101 cpu issue, Let's do something

In the case of M-Audio interfaces, sometimes it works better with the interface first and the drive chained off the interface.

The thing is - the recommended configuration isn't always the one that's going to work the best. Different drives and interface combinations may have different requirements for best performance.

We tested with the 2626 in the middle of the chain, so I would try that method first. Ultimately you should use the configuration that gives you the best performance.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM

Just for info: I have a MacBook 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, M-Audio firewire 1814 interface. The 1814 is connected to my computer and I chain my Lacie drive off the interface- works great, no problems. But what I do is pretty simple stuff also- solo fingerstyle guitar, with very few plug-ins, some reverb is about it during recording. I'll "master" with a little EQ and Compression afterwards. Also for the record, I record with this same setup but with a Western Digital Passport external drive(USB) and it works fine as well.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 PM

What is you're drive ? I heard that there is some problems with D2 Quadra
Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 AM

Hi digi, I got a Glyph HD, still get the errors. What should I do ?

There is no RAID this time.

I have two questions :

1) I'm still using the Akibakan HD (the one with raid) connected to the Glyph FW800 port, is it a bad thing to have a RAID drive connected even if my session is not running on this drive ?

2) Is there a difference of the FW ports quality from a mac to another ? Maybe my mac FW ports are wack, if it's the case I should maybe ask to Apple to fix it.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM

Cool Re: PT8 constant -6101 cpu issue, Let's do something

mistlabz, I had the same problem as you and did everything they said in the help us help you and general troubleshooting. No luck.

I finally went to the digi website and looked up all of the system requirements and because I have the MP toolkit I have to have TWO drives dedicated for audio AND THEY OUGHT TO RUN ON A SEPARATE FW BUSS FROM YOUR INTERFACE!

You may or may not have the MP toolkit, but you should still run your drive(s) on a separate bus.

I have a macpro so I just bought two dedicated internal drives for audio, and now... No problems!
Antelope Orion
Shadow Hills Equinox

...with kids, if it ain't broke yet, it will be...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:34 AM

Hi vanquished1

I don't have the Mp Toolkit, and I'm on I mac. On Mac Pro or Mac Book you have the possibility to add an option card to avoid FW bus congestion but not on the I mac.

First I got a Glyph HD without RAID, then I invert the Daisy chain setup and put the Pro Fire before the HD, it works better but far away to be perfect I still have errors pop ups some times and strangly when It's start to appear the error frequency increase. The Hard Disk unmount by itself sometimes as I said in another post.

Well I won't use pro tools MP anymore except for create sessions to bring in the studio and for simple audio edits. I'm fed up with all these bugs, no support, nobody cares about Imac users. I'm working with Live for music production and it's far away better than Pro Tools, playback never stop.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 AM

I am using a macpro 2.8 8 core ,and i still get this message ,sometimes i will not get it for hours and then bam there it is.jz
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 AM

There was that guy who said that if we think pro we should get a mac pro to run pro tools...
If with a 8 core mac pro you still have the error there is definitely nothing to do. Maybe hope for a stable 8.1...