Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Default None of my Fade Controls work

I had a heavy editing session today. I tried using the Fade Controls on my MC but, NONE OF THEM WORKED (fade in, fade out, fade to range, cross fade, Standard Fade, none of them)! For some reason, none of the Eucon presets were working with Nuendo 7. I don't know why. I had to write key commands to replace them. Why didn't the Eucon commands work????
Old 06-03-2017, 06:25 PM

Default Re: None of my Fade Controls work

With Eucon Preset Command:
1) I selected my event.
2) I selected the Fade In to Cursor Command.
3 I went to the jog wheel and started dialing to the right to fade in.
Result: It acted like a jog wheel and started scrolling through the project (NO, the shuttle/zoom controls were not on.)

With the Key Command:
1) I selected my event.
2) I selected the Fade In to Cursor Command.
Result: The Fade line instantly appeared from the start point to the cursor.

The Fade In/Out Controls work on the Transport's second layer function. I could dial in the fade with no problem. It was not as fast as the Fade to Cursor KC, but still a quick resource. I don't understand why the Eucon commands from the touch screen aren't working with the MC.

They DO WORK from the 12 Soft Key Buttons. I'm guessing that's because they're already mapped to the Jog wheel. But the Touch Screen control is the EXACT NUENDO COMMAND that I wrote the KC for. So it SHOULD work like the KC. I don't get it. Why doesn't it?
Old 06-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Default Re: None of my Fade Controls work

While we're on this subject, THE TRIM COMMANDS ARE TOTALLY WHACKED!
In Nuendo 7.1, I select the trim head function, from the MC or the Transport, and then turn the jog wheel it removes an entire measure worth of the event! That's NOT a trim! That's a cut and a big one at that!

I couldn't find the KC in the KC Functions Folder for "Trim Head/Tale." I only saw cut Head/Tale. Anyone know what it's called?

Usually, if I can't find a control, I just activate it in the project window and then look it up in the functions folder and it'll tell me what it's called. If I can't find it there, the Edit History will tell me what I did and then I can look it up. This time, no luck.

The Edit history said I ADJUSTED THE SIZE OF THE EVENT WINDOW (the little handle on the bottom left or right that increases or decreases the size). THAT'S what I call trimming. I would like to be able to do that with the jog wheel. Can anyone tell me how this is done on the MC Control/Transport?

Rigg: Nuendo 4 - 7.1.3 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |