Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 AM

Default Strike 1.5 crashing PT9.02 on opening Old Sessions

I have a 2 week old PC running Windows 7 (SP1) with a fresh install of PT 9.02 & an M-Box 2 mini. All was working fine until when some (not all) saved sessions crash during loading / restoring tracks giving a 'Pro Tools Application Has Stopped Working' message (sometimes preceded by a Visual C++ 2005 Run time Error).

Following a suggestion in reply to an earlier post (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298832) I have narrowed the culprit down to Strike 1.5. It will load into a new empty session but it crashes PT on opening an existing session or on the importation of the Strike track into a new session. I now have Strike uninstalled and everything is working OK.

Anyone got any ideas? Are there known issues with Strike 1.5 / PT9.02 /Windows 7? As far as I can see there have been no updates to Strike since 1.5 & this predates PT 9?

I have 13 tracks recorded for an album and Strike it on 10 of them, so I'm starting to panic a bit!

My SANDRA is on the previous post (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298832)
Old 04-11-2011, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Strike 1.5 crashing PT9.02 on opening Old Sessions

I'd be focusing my attention on that Run Time Error as this possible points to an out dated plug-in. None of those will be AIR VI's, DigiRack nor Creative Collection Plug-Ins. Can you post the Plug-In report page? You need to get back to a known working configuration. First trash the Pro Tools and DAE Perferences and reboot. Then put 'all' plug-ins into the unused plug-in folder and launching Pro Tools. Once Pro Tools is working, you add one plug-in at a time launching Pro Tools after each time. Starting with DigiRack Plug-Ins, followed by Creative Collection and finally AIR VI's. If Pro Tools is working add one third party plug-in at a time, launching Pro Tools after each time. My money is on an out of date third party plug-in.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the suggestion - I will give it a go.

In relation to the "Plug-In report page" how do I do this? Is there any easy way of listing all plug-ins and versions?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 PM

I think Sandra does it. But there is also a TechSupportApp that works listed in the General Troubleshooting thread.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Turns out I was missing out one the 3 preferences you are meant to delete / thrash. All is fine now.

This link really is a must for all PT9 probs: Delete Digidesign Databases and Preferences : http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...nd_Preferences