Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-02-2019, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Suddenly PT won't load Plug-Ins because not valid 64-bit

It’s a really odd one. The issue only effected my non ilok plugs that authorize to the HD. I would sort of understand if the Apple update broke the authorization link but make PT think they are not 64bit is just weird.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaP View Post
It’s a really odd one. The issue only effected my non ilok plugs that authorize to the HD. I would sort of understand if the Apple update broke the authorization link but make PT think they are not 64bit is just weird.
I know, and now with the AAE 30001 error.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:16 AM

Hi All, Mike from Pro Tools Expert here. Just to let you know that Avid has responded to our article on this and issued a statement regarding this and have confirmed the issue and recommend that you either upgrade to macOS High Sierra or if you are running macOS Sierra on your Pro Tools computer not to connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac until they have resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.r.banville View Post
I know, and now with the AAE 30001 error.
Def. submit a ticket to Sonarworks if you haven’t already. They are really fantastic about supporting their users.

Also, one work around is to change your playback engine to system wide and monitor through the output of your computer.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaP View Post
Def. submit a ticket to Sonarworks if you haven’t already. They are really fantastic about supporting their users.

Also, one work around is to change your playback engine to system wide and monitor through the output of your computer.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I opened a new ticket with Sonarworks and with Avid support since I now have a year of free support with 2019.6. Fingers crossed this will get resolved sooner than later.

Steve
Old 10-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thornton View Post
Hi All, Mike from Pro Tools Expert here. Just to let you know that Avid has responded to our article on this and issued a statement regarding this and have confirmed the issue and recommend that you either upgrade to macOS High Sierra or if you are running macOS Sierra on your Pro Tools computer not to connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac until they have resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Mike
So, it appears updating your iOS device to the lates iOS by plugging into your studio Mac is causing issues? There is a thread on the Avid FaceBook page started by a user claiming he is experiencing this issue but, he did not plug in his IOS device to update. Interesting!
Old 10-02-2019, 12:02 PM

Why is the prevailing advice here to update to High Sierra, instead of Mojave?

Mojave has been out for a year and the latest version - 10.14.6 - is qualified by Avid now.

How does Mojave seem to run on a Mac Pro (Trashcan) vs. Sierra? Slower, faster, same? Buggier, stable-er, same?
Old 10-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogboy100 View Post
Why is the prevailing advice here to update to High Sierra, instead of Mojave?

Mojave has been out for a year and the latest version - 10.14.6 - is qualified by Avid now.

How does Mojave seem to run on a Mac Pro (Trashcan) vs. Sierra? Slower, faster, same? Buggier, stable-er, same?
My MacPRO is from mid 2012 with no GPU Metal support which Mojave requires. I could update my GPU card for Mojave but I want to first understand the nature of the problem before dropping another 400.00 for a new card. Supposedly 10.13.6 is solid who knows for sure
Old 10-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.r.banville View Post
My MacPRO is from mid 2012 with no GPU Metal support which Mojave requires. I could update my GPU card for Mojave but I want to first understand the nature of the problem before dropping another 400.00 for a new card. Supposedly 10.13.6 is solid who knows for sure
You'll have almost no problems running 2019.6 on High Sierra OSX 10.13.6 Plenty of people here do exactly that and on 2012 cheesegraters. And if you have an ssd for your boot drive you'll see a bit of a performance boost as HS is optimized for ssd's.

QAPLA!
Old 10-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You'll have almost no problems running 2019.6 on High Sierra OSX 10.13.6 Plenty of people here do exactly that and on 2012 cheesegraters. And if you have an ssd for your boot drive you'll see a bit of a performance boost as HS is optimized for ssd's.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...70#post2540070