Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2009, 08:13 AM

Default Score Editor Chord Symbol questions

I am a new Pro Tools user and am using the Score Editor and Chord Symbols for the first time.

I have searched the DUC and read the documentation and have not found the answers to my questions.

How can I copy chord 'events'? I would like to copy and paste individual chords so I don't have to reenter them. Seems like I should be able to select a chord, hold down alt/option, and drag to new location to create a copy.

Also, if the 2nd verse is same as the 1st, I don't want to have to go thru entering all the chords again, especially in the case of a song with many complex chords, I want to copy all the 1st verse chords to the 2nd verse.

How can I create new guitar chord fingerings? The ones supplied don't contain some of the fingerings I use.

How can I have the Score Editor display memory locations (intro, verse 1, etc).

I am really impressed with Pro Tools so far but am surprised that it doesn't seem to have functionality that I had on my Atari ST in the early 90's.

Sorry if I have missed something obvious but would appreciate any pointers.