Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2011, 06:45 PM

Thumbs up Avid support is listening - thx for the support :)

Hi,

a while ago I posted into another thread (which I couln't find anymore) that my local dealer here in Germany got problems by getting me an Avid support plan & getting me a credit note for the PT 10 HD update which I bought @ the Avid online store.

Well, today I got a call from a very friendly Avid staff member in Germany and he told me that he has read my post bout this at the DUC and that he will sort this out for me and contact my dealer and it shouldn't be a problem at all !

I just wanted to share this info with other DUC members that Avid is listening what's going on at the DUC
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Avid support is listening - thx for the support :)

It IS good to see things like this..

I know that there are still good people at Avid. As frustrated as I am over the events of late, I still have decided to support Avid by buying a new system.. even after I said I would not..

I have a great fondness for ProTools.. and I see that it has grown, (though painfully), over the last few years and still may have it's best days ahead of it.. I'm banking on it.. literally.

It is my hope that situations like this become more common and the confusion and frustration surrounding Avid fade.. I'm not as hopeful as I'd like to be, but even in my pessimism I'm optimistic.. or maybe bi-polar..

Glad things are working out for you!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:31 AM

I had problem with a AVID support case, and when posting some comments here on DUC the "DUC comments" were "quoted" and included on the support case and later they solved the issue. So yes, they are listening
Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM

If Avid are listening, why dont they respond to the big questions people been shouted out here last weeks???
Like many here I'm concerned about the future, what will happen?

I'm a IBM mainframe system programmer by profession. There is NO question about IBM's future plans, they always inform you about changes and new functions in H/W and S/W at least a year ahead. Ok, Avid is not even remotely in the same legue as IBM but if they want to be the leader of the market they should think twice. There are of cource lot of third part vendors writing S/W for IBM system competing on the market. If they would behave like Avid doing now, they're dead within a year!