Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Default Issue w/ Eleven Rack

This might just be a bug, I believe Avid has discontinued the Eleven Rack interface, since retailers aren't carrying it new. I operate Pro Tools off a laptop, and like all 17 inch laptops, it by nature drains its Toshiba battery. So, here's the issue. Whenever I initially plug my laptop in to charge, when the interface is on, the connection cuts off. I personally don't understand how a connection between Pro Tools and 11R is lost when the cord that comes with the computer is plugged into the charging port.

What makes this issue more odd is it works just fine with the cord plugged in once I've restarted the interface. That's why I suspect this is a bug with the interface, because if it were working smoothly, the connection would not be lost in the first place. This isn't an issue with PT, its with the interface I reiterate.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?
16gb of RAM
Unsure of any firmware or drivers. Cannot find that information. Sandra reports take too long to complete, and time is a priority here.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:06 AM

Default Issue w/ Eleven Rack

This has nothing to do with charging, your laptop is likely suspending and the Eleven Rack driver does not support rewaking. This sucks but is known/expected behavior of many Avid drivers. You need to unplug or power off the Eleven Rack before your computer sleeps/suspends. Or you need to set the computer power management to never sleep/suspend (and never close the laptop lid). That step is in the standard Pro Tools system optimization documentation in the Pro Tools install guide which I am guessing you have not done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk