Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-31-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Intel Core2Duo ... anyone got one working yet?

I did the dverb test on my system drive and got 3 minutes and 20 seconds with 130 dverbs. It would have probably made it with 125.

I have Zone Alarm turned off as well as AVG. I am doing this test after making sure back-ground services are off and a reboot. My memory sticks are in both the yellow slots.

I don't know if it matters but I have my firewire plugged into the computer cases built in connection to the MoBo and not in the Firewire plug at the back of the case.

I would love to do this Sandra report but I'm not sure if the free version does what I want or do I need to get the pay trial version.

Another thing. When I try to open up the ASUS AI Suite it doesn't load up for some reason. It used to open up at one time but its hanging and never opens up. The ASUS PC Probe opens up fine.

Thanks folks. Have a nice weekend.

DJ
Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
OK, I get to the point in Windows installation where the files are loaded and the computer reboots. Instead of going on with the installation, it starts over with the Windows setup. Any suggestions?
There are no choices like Press F2 or something like that?

Have you formatted the drive?

I sorta forgot the order. It first loads up stuff like drivers or whatever and then the drive needs to be formatted and then it loads XP. Is this right?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
OK, I get to the point in Windows installation where the files are loaded and the computer reboots. Instead of going on with the installation, it starts over with the Windows setup. Any suggestions?
is your boot order set to optical drive as boot device number 1 and the first hard drive set as device number 2? Thats what you want.

Are you hitting a key when it says " Press any key to boot from CD" if you want to finish installing Windows don't press anything. It should then boot from the primary HDD.

Is the hard drive you want to boot from at the very top of the list of IDE/SATA devices? is it pugged in to SATA port Number one on the board? It should be.

The one thing you might try is changing the boot order by entering BIOS on the first reboot and changing the Boot order by moving the hard drive to the top of the list.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-31-2007, 11:13 PM

Yes, the drive is formatted, the files get loaded, then it gets to "reboot in 15 seconds". When it does reboot, it starts at the beginning of install again, instead of moving on in the process....getting frustrating. I think I'll sleep on it for now, try again in the morning, thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM

I am having a strange problem with this ASUS utility AI Suite V 1.02.02 . I wasn't able to open it for the longest time after I had been messing with it and using it to change fan speeds and stuff and just general experimentations. I decided to just removed it and when I rebooted I notice an icon in my taskbar and it says something about running on AC Power. I then re-install the
AI Suite and the Icon goes away but I'm still not able to open up the program. Its hanging but never opens because when I try to shut down a box comes up asking me if I want to "end now" in 15 seconds. Very weird. Any ideas?

DJ
Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I did the dverb test on my system drive and got 3 minutes and 20 seconds with 130 dverbs. It would have probably made it with 125.

I have Zone Alarm turned off as well as AVG. I am doing this test after making sure back-ground services are off and a reboot. My memory sticks are in both the yellow slots.

I don't know if it matters but I have my firewire plugged into the computer cases built in connection to the MoBo and not in the Firewire plug at the back of the case.

I would love to do this Sandra report but I'm not sure if the free version does what I want or do I need to get the pay trial version.

Another thing. When I try to open up the ASUS AI Suite it doesn't load up for some reason. It used to open up at one time but its hanging and never opens up. The ASUS PC Probe opens up fine.

DJ
Try plugging the FireWire into the back panel. It sounds like the memory sticks are correct. what back ground services are you disabling?

SiSoft Sandra Lite Its the free lite version. Select system overview for the test to generate.

CPUz free download also.

Ditch the Ai Suite for the moment.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-01-2007, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:

DJ
Try plugging the FireWire into the back panel. It sounds like the memory sticks are correct. what back ground services are you disabling?

SiSoft Sandra Lite Its the free lite version. Select system overview for the test to generate.

CPUz free download also.

Ditch the Ai Suite for the moment.
Here is a link for you to download my CPU-Z screenshots. Its good for 7 days. Its the only way I know to get you the CPU-Z settings.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...19531B298E571C

I also meant the "background tab" in the "System Configuration Utility". Not the services tab. I did follow the directions exactly for how to disable certain services. In the STARTUP tab I disable them all but the "MMERefresh" box.

I,for the life of me,can't figure out how to copy and paste my Sandra "Computer Overview" when clicking on the hardware tab. Do I have to manually write the whole thing out in a post?

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:48 AM

Lowoctave - I had a similar problem once with a Windows re-installation. I found there was some kind of corruption on the initial installation I tried, and I couldn't get it past a certain point in fresh installations (even though it says it will clear the drive to install). I up ended making a boot CD with the basic DOS files on it including FDISK and FORMAT, I think I scratched the disk, reformatted it and started again. It got rid of the corrupt data that wasn't being removed by the Windows installation disc. May work....
Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the reply Kama. Actually, I went back and deleted the partition I originally had (which was the whole 160 gig). Then I made a partition of 22 gig, formatted it in FAT32 instead of NTFS, and now it is loading. Hopefully it will load the rest of the way without a hiccup! Then I can get back to making music. Ron

Update... The program loaded fine, but when I checked C drive it only showed as 22 gig. My hard drive is 160 gig. So........ I went back in and started over, formatted the whole disk (but this time it only gave me the option of loading NTFS. Well, it took, and I'm loading windows again. I'm new to all this (computer build), but I feel I am making progress (hey, windows is loading!) Thanks for everyone's help. Ron
Old 09-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Ok guys. I've had it. I'm starting over. I'm just gonna start over. I tried to turn on AVG and it wouldn't update so I tried to delete it and it refused to be removed and froze on "creating back-up. So I booted up into true image to try and go back to working time some days ago and still the same thing. I'm just going to start over . It seems like a good time. Its a holiday weekend and everyones out gettin down and stuff so thats it.

Is there anything I should do before I do this as far as hardware is concerned? Does it matter at all which SATA inputs my drives are plugged into? Does it matter if any of the drives is considered master and slave??? Can I literally just plug in the first HD to SATA 1 the second to SATA 2 and so on???

Thanks.

P.S. I also put the bios back to default settings.