Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 01-21-2019, 02:54 AM

Default Surround panners sluggish

Hi. Has anyone been having trouble with surround panning behaving sluggishly recently?

I'm on a Mac Pro, running 2018.12 of what used to be Pro Tools HD (and I think is Pro Tools Ultimate since the rebrand) but native, no HDX cards.

I'm finding that if I do any 5-1 panning at all, I get a beachball spin 4 10-20 seconds after which the system recovers and returns to normal. It never crashes as such, but if you're doing a fair amount of panning then it really slows you down.

Just wondering if this is unique to me and my system, or something other have been noticing?

Patrick
Old 01-21-2019, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Surround panners sluggish

I've never had that issue since 5.1 panning was introduced in version... 5.1. Have you trashed prefs?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Surround panners sluggish

Hi Scott

No I haven't tried anything much yet. I've got to deliver tomorrow so I don't want to have to do too much disruptive fault-finding. I think it's a graphics issue in fact, but could be wrong.

Once I've got this job delivered I'll investigate. Just interested in whether it was something new that had arrived with 2018.12 - seemingly not.

Patrick