How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2020, 03:07 PM

Default SD2 sessions - For anyone like me who failed to convert them

Hi folks -

I recently moved my studio, and in doing so, found a drive with MANY sessions using SD2 files that I failed to convert back when that was an easy thing to do.

Miraculously, however, I still had my old HD system in the closet, which booted up just fine and I have been converting everything.

I'm happy to help anyone out who has shot themselves in the foot in a similar way, but doesn't have an old machine or functional old version of PT to do the conversion, and doesn't have the patience to do it manually (I've done it, and it frays my nerves).

Obviously, I don't have the time or inclination to do 100 sessions for someone for free, but if you've just got one that you need, DM me. First one's free, as the drug dealers say :) After that we can work something out...

Bruce
Old 07-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Default Re: SD2 sessions - For anyone like me who failed to convert them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockridgerec View Post
Hi folks -

I recently moved my studio, and in doing so, found a drive with MANY sessions using SD2 files that I failed to convert back when that was an easy thing to do.

Miraculously, however, I still had my old HD system in the closet, which booted up just fine and I have been converting everything.

I'm happy to help anyone out who has shot themselves in the foot in a similar way, but doesn't have an old machine or functional old version of PT to do the conversion, and doesn't have the patience to do it manually (I've done it, and it frays my nerves).

Obviously, I don't have the time or inclination to do 100 sessions for someone for free, but if you've just got one that you need, DM me. First one's free, as the drug dealers say :) After that we can work something out...

Bruce
Very kind of you. I had this issue several years ago and ended up buying the cheapest MacMini I could find that could run PT10LE and then consolidated and saved the files.

If your files are already consolidated, Audaptor is a Mac app I had success with, but if they're all over the place, your service is really the only way to go - and I'd suggest on all to consolidate files to make it easy to line anything/everything up.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones