Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 05-17-2013, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Louieshowers,

The Control 24 was announced as being End of Life a year and a half ago, and that it would not be compatible with PT11, along with several other products. A year and a half is plenty of time for owners to make decisions and make other plans.

Avid is not responsible to test anything they already stated was end of life that long ago.
OK...thanks for the info...

again, I don't own one, but it seems that many of these are still circulating about. Some people may want to continue using them. End of life does not mean they vanish off of the earth. In a perfect world, older stuff should be able to be handled by newer stuff...just like pt10 can open pt 9,8,7 etc. Not looking for a debate here, just voicing.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE΄S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
...again, I don't own one, but it seems that many of these are still circulating about. Some people may want to continue using them. End of life does not mean they vanish off of the earth. In a perfect world, older stuff should be able to be handled by newer stuff...just like pt10 can open pt 9,8,7 etc. Not looking for a debate here, just voicing.
Thanks for your perspective. If we could maintain support/compatibility with every existing product while adding new ones and changing code to work with new Operating Systems and devices we would. It's just not practical. The test grid alone would eventually prevent us from shipping a product. Technology moves on, and we do our best to balance new products & features with support of existing ones for a reasonable amount of time.

Regarding the Control|24, as previously stated... we stopped selling them in 2007 and it was added to the KB with a 12/31/2012 End of Support date.

There are trade-in offers available to Control|24 owners that want to move to newer console or version of Pro Tools.
Quote:
I am sure that a definitive yes or no regarding support would go a long way for people
The code for Control|24 was not re-written for Pro Tools 11 or Pro Tools HD 11 so unfortunately that answer would be no.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools HD 11?

And if something is in the untested section I would at least test it myself. I see that section as "stuff we think should work as we didn't remove anything it needs, but we have a lot of stuff to test as it is and won't be testing this particular item to confirm it works". Maybe control 24 owners will be pleasantly surprised.

I also don't have a horse in this race. I do hope it works out though.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 PM

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...nd-Peripherals

Docs have been updated. Control 24 WILL NOT WORK.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Lou....

Ping me any time - I an only an email or a tweet away. As for Control 24 - the product is End of Life (EOL) so the testing team has to make a decision. Test the EOL gear or test "Current" gear, CPU's, Laptops, Controllers, OS's etc.....

That isn't irresponsible.... its the way it is with most companies.

Maybe if an when the testing team comes up for air - they can rethink that but it is what it is... today.

Marianna
+1

Maybe Avid should test the old Mix Farm cards aswell seeing that many people still use those

Avid has to draw the line somewhere but "some people" clearly don't get it..
They expect you guys to just please every single user and that is BS!
It is not like The EOL products has come as a surprise and we have known this for quite some time now.
However, Of course I too hope that Control 24 works in PT11 for the people who invested 5-6-7-8-10 thousands of dollars on them but reality is they are becomming quite old so if it is not today it will be one day soon but as I said, I hope they work for the users who have one. We had one too but sold it when 10 came out and I really loved the Control 24. It made us alot of money and has paid for itself 20 times before we parted ways and it is a good piece of mashinery even today

And to Marianna : A BIG Thank You for all your involvement and taking time to be here for us in person is really a Big Leap forward Great Job

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...nd-Peripherals

Docs have been updated. Control 24 WILL NOT WORK.
Well I guess that settles it. Hate to hear that for those who own one. :-/
Old 05-17-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
+1

Maybe Avid should test the old Mix Farm cards aswell seeing that many people still use those

Avid has to draw the line somewhere but "some people" clearly don't get it..
They expect you guys to just please every single user and that is BS!
It is not like The EOL products has come as a surprise and we have known this for quite some time now.
However, Of course I too hope that Control 24 works in PT11 for the people who invested 5-6-7-8-10 thousands of dollars on them but reality is they are becomming quite old so if it is not today it will be one day soon but as I said, I hope they work for the users who have one. We had one too but sold it when 10 came out and I really loved the Control 24. It made us alot of money and has paid for itself 20 times before we parted ways and it is a good piece of mashinery even today
Wow, congratulations with all of your success, forsight and good decision making. Glad YOU are happy.

¨WHERE΄S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
Wow, congratulations with all of your success, forsight and good decision making. Glad YOU are happy.
Why thank you Louie
.. you don't seem to be able to post anything nice here and every post I read you are complaining and demanding and insulting Avid, their business ethics and other users! Really NOT helpful at all guy!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 05-17-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Why thank you Louie
.. you don't seem to be able to post anything nice here and every post I read you are complaining and demanding and insulting Avid, their business ethics and other users! Really NOT helpful at all guy!
LOL so I'm not the only one who's noticed. Get's a bit boring tho huh

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 05-20-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
LOL so I'm not the only one who's noticed. Get's a bit boring tho huh
And your posts are all cheerie o! give it a rest will you! You both have no right to complain about my posts' tone..look in the mirror. I HAVE ALWAYS PROMOTED RESPECT AND GOOD VIBES amongst users on this forum (who show the same ). I have a right to voice my dissatisfaction as others do too. Go have a tea together and relax. I am not apologizing for critiquing this company..Especially when I have been thanked personally for doing so by Marianna. I did not create the customer dissatisfaction. It took years and I am still here optimistically hoping for change. Remember that.

¨WHERE΄S MY CHECKBOOK?¨

Last edited by louieshowers; 05-21-2013 at 09:20 AM.