Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2001, 12:24 AM

Default What \'s you\'re weekly Cd burning average?

Who burns the most Cd's off their own home Computer to sell to the public (as opposed from having it duplicated at some commercial company)?

I wanna know how many audio cd's you average burning on a weekly or monthly basis. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2001, 08:00 PM

Default Re: What \'s you\'re weekly Cd burning average?

Even with the ease and often financial advantage of having a big cd burning company burn all you're Cd's, I assume somebody here is successfully selling their Cd's on a regular basis to the public from their home computer?

If so, Please share with me you're experiences with how many you Cd's burn yourself and sell to the public.

I want to know if anybody has really tested their plextore Cd burners and 'burning software' to the limit.

Is it even possible from a home computer to efficiently burn and sell say...for example a hundred Cd's a week? Or will the Cd Burner 'die' or start malfunctioning?

Thanks,

GuitarEasley
Old 09-22-2001, 09:04 PM

Lol... anybody burn any cd's this week?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2001, 08:19 AM

If you burn 100 CDs to sell for $10 a piece after the time and materials it is not that great of a savings by the time you label and stuff the cases with inserts. If you feel you won't have a problem selling at least 100, that would cover most of the expense of a 1000 piece run which gives you the chance to seel more pre packaged pieces while devoting your time to creating new music and not having to duplicate CDS to sell.
Old 09-24-2001, 12:40 AM

Yes I understand.

Even with the ease and often financial advantage of having a big cd burning company burn all you're Cd's, I assume somebody here is successfully selling their Cd's on a regular basis to the public from their home computer?

I want to know if anybody has really tested their plextore Cd burners and 'burning software' to the limit.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:25 PM

I use a creative labs 121032X and a TDK VeloCD burner. Our group burns at least 2 or three CD's a week to send out for demo's and to give to other producers. I have not sold any CD's yet.
Old 09-25-2001, 12:11 AM

Thanks for replying Virtual!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2001, 07:44 AM

GuitarEasley,

I only burn CD's for the client's rough listen (maybe 1 or 2 a week), or my own rough listen. After the album, mastering and production is complete I burn a GlassMaster CD using WaveLAB for send off to a duplication facility.

Usually the price of 500 units or more is not much more (percentage wise) than if you were to only burn 10 or so. Typically the duplication facility will have specials and bulk rate options. Some even have in-house artists to complete the package artwork and shrinkwrap it to. At least that has been my experience.
Old 09-25-2001, 07:52 AM

Since March, I think I have burned at least 250 CDR's for rough listens and such.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:09 AM

Thanks fellows for replying!

MikeD,
I am interested also in what burner and mastering software do you use?

Thanks, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

GuitarEasley