How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-12-2019, 01:38 PM

Default Re: PT 2019 same video problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by morronga View Post
I was having similar problems and removing the Blackmagic Drivers solve my issue.

I can believe that but you need the drivers to run the Blackmagic, so do you just give up on the Blackmagic? and get another card?
Old 05-12-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
This is a fresh OSX Sierra and PT 2019 was installed this morning, also updated the balckmagic driver, and Eucon. I have been having this error since PT 2018. PT 11 worked great, zero video error issues. I also get the loop 'vide sync error' and 'video engine unable to stop'. There are video error reports that may be offer clues but who do I send that to? I have the support plan, so I would expect to be able to send these reports to that Avid can tell me what to do to fix it.
Yes, still hopeless on Windows and has been for quite some time. Sluggish playback on internal video window or BM decklink; always many Video engine has stopped errors, etc. Worked perfectly in PT 11. Still asks for Quicktime install, unbelievable. All that rant about not stopping while playing, yet film does not work as is should and does in other DAWs like Nuendo & without the gobbledgook around Quicktime, codecs etc. Yes, MFX, sure, but still problematic. Other DAWs just load up the .mp4 or whatever & get on with it.
MacPro 7,1 Big Sur 11.2. 16 core, 2TB, 192GB, Vega II 32GB. OWC Thunderbay 6, RME UFX+, UAD-2 quad PCIe, Decklink MiniMon 4k, Sonnet M.2 4x4. Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT. FaderPort 16, Komplete Kontrol S61, Nuendo, Wavelab, Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic, Ableton Live. FinalCutPro, Resolve Studio.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I can believe that but you need the drivers to run the Blackmagic, so do you just give up on the Blackmagic? and get another card?
I recently got myself an used AJA Kona Lhi Pcie card and am very happy with it's performance. Have not seen the CODEC message since using the card AND Avid DNxHR codec. This does not replace Avid Video Engine, of course. But helps with performance, and stability of the sync (the card does not drift as much as desktop video, and can be actually measured to achieve stable sync)