Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Default 19.7 messes up MIDI ports... again

Not sure what version it was where Harrison Mixbus didn’t see my EUCON, but that was solved for me a while ago.

19.7 has broken that again. My Artist Control sees Ardour.bin, but doesn’t engage with the actual Harrison Mixbus session. Have tried deleting the Euphonix MIDI driver then uninstalling and reinstalling via the unified installer... no luck. Adding the application to the prefs pane brings up the usual “EUCON apps must restart” dialogue, but EUCON doesn’t actually restart (that’s a new one!).

Want to use this new version hoping they fixed the plugin GUIs closing non-usefully in Pro Tools.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: 19.7 messes up MIDI ports... again

What version did you upgrade from that was working ?
Old 08-07-2019, 04:11 AM

The one just before. 19.5.1?
Old 08-08-2019, 06:18 AM

Ah I am having this issue too. I haven't tried to use the MIDI ports in a long time but it used to be there.

I have just tried to start using it in Mackie MIDI mode with other software though on OSX 10.12.6 (iMac Retina 5K i7), and the Eucon is not showing up in Audio MIDI setup or in other software that uses Mackie MIDI control.

I have tried removing cache and both MIDI & Eucon prefs, ensured firmware is up to date, and a clean reinstall, resetting permissions, followed by adding the applications to the Eucon preference pain, restarting Mac etc and still cannot see the MIDI device as described in various setup instructions.

The MIDI driver is in the correct place but not installing or appearing.

Is Eucon appearing in AudioMIDI setup for other people? It used to be there from a much older version but wasn't working so as the instructions advised, I deleted that with the expectation of it being recreated with the latest driver.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:26 AM

Default 19.7 messes up MIDI ports... again

I believe I DO see it in AMS. If memory serves from a long time ago (I don’t bother checking anymore), it only shows 4 channels until I add the program to control in System Prefs/EUCON, assign the program (say, Harrison’s Mixbus) to channels 29-32, and then AMS displays the full 32 channels available. I just don’t check for the 4 channels before I add the apps to the System Prefs anymore.

I had been installing new EUCONs over my working MIDI setup, using the unified installer’s uninstaller to try to do a fresh install. On reading a post from Eddie about that not properly uninstalling old MIDI setups, I thought I’d try to do a properly fresh install... but it seems I’ve now wiped that functionality. I may care enough to try going back to an 18.x version to get it back, but there have also been useful bug fixes in the 19.x versions, and I don’t really want to lose those either.

OS 10.12.6 too, on a 5,1 Mac Pro (flashed from 4,1).

Argh.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:44 PM

Out of desperation, went back to the earliest EUCON I had kept around, as I couldn’t remember when it started working solidly (after having been sketchy since I got it). 18.3 worked perfectly after a clean install (pulling out the old “clean EUCON uninstall” script just for fun too). Tried to install 19.7 over it without uninstalling... same problems again.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I've tried that other ideas too... still no midi ports.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 08-11-2019, 08:50 AM

To be clear, I see the Euphonix device, and available ports 1-32, in Audio MIDI setup. But the PROGRAMS don’t seem to see the communications from my Artist Control. Similar scenario with 18.3, except that it actually works. For what it’s worth, when adding the apps to System Prefs, the “EUCON must restart” dialogue comes up and my computer signs right out with 18.3; with 19.7, not only does the computer not sign out, but EUCON doesn’t even quit, never mind restart.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:34 PM

Unlike Neale, I don't see the Euphonix in Audio MIDI setup at all,despite multiple reinstalles and many more repboots.

I also get the 'EUCON must restart' message but nothing restarts, and manually restarting the mac or restarting EUCON apps makes no difference.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 AM

Any other troubleshooting I can try?