Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-31-2019, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

I'm a bit surprised about all this disappointment about the lacking of folders.

I'm new to PT and I come from Logic, S1 and Reaper all DAW that have folders. I mean they are cool, but if I say that I miss them when I think I have the marker the way they are in PT, I can only smile to the lacking of them. Markers in PT are heaven to me and there is not even a slight comparison with the daw I mentioned not even summing all the features that try to emulate it.

There is much less to laugh about ARA, that's the deal. That's the disappointment, at least for me.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 AM

Work around the lack of ARA while AVID catches up with the other DAWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EuqaS2D_p8
Old 01-31-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan View Post
Work around the lack of ARA while AVID catches up with the other DAWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EuqaS2D_p8
Ara is not just transferring instantaneously data (which in this brilliant trick it's not). But it's way more; copying, moving regions with data inside listning what you are looking...this is not Ara is a joke.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
256 that is :)

No. But I don't see "tens" but rather "hundreds" as a ballpark, because if they do this it likely requires ilok license like DigiLink or HEAT

That one has been a given since PT9 -- when it first was possible to take a HD session back home to a native system, it was crucial that such sessions opened. So HDN basically "has to" follow HDX1 numbers more or less... which is fine of course.
I am trying to wrap my head around how they do this without throwing their DSP systems and DSP users under the bus. To gain 384 voices on a HDX system costs $3000 for another PCIe card. Ain't no voice packs for DSP, unless Avid have something up their sleeves.

I can't help but think HDN voice packs may still be capped at a pretty low number, and perhaps even cost a fortune in the process. Who knows. I guess time will tell.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6. OSX 10.14.6. HDX. Avid Omni. MacBook Pro 2018. 6 Core i7. 32Gb. 4x mSata SSD Drives + 4x HDD. Blackmagic Intensity PCIe. ATI RX580. Sync HD

Free Lexicon 224XL Impulse Responses
Free Sony DPS-V77 Impulse Responses
Old 01-31-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post
Community: "WE WANT FOLDER TRACKS!"
AVID:"You want MORE TRACKS? Awesome, here you go!"
What are folder tracks?

http://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/SergioEscalona

www.reverbnation.com/sergioescalona

https://soundcloud.com/sergius9
Old 01-31-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius View Post
What are folder tracks?
Seriously, I am interested (never having used them )what specific advantage do they offer ?
Avid HD Omni I/O Interface ...Mid 2010 Mac Pro/ processor- 3.33 6-core Intel Xeon "Westmere" w/ Memory- 24 GB, Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI Graphics Card..... OS- Mojave 10.14.6, and PTHDN 2019.6 on on primary boot drive (SSD PCIe 512 GB Samsung SM951) FCPX files storage on Samsung 970 EVO 1TB and PT sessions storage on 2nd Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB -- both in dual drive Crest I/O PCIE controller adaptor card

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-31-2019, 07:26 AM

Organization abilities to keep sessions clean. Especially helpful when you have orchestral templates or are recording large amounts of vocals / strings / etc. They also make it easy to edit / cut / move multiple tracks all at once while maintaining timing of individual tracks.

I personally only use them sometimes but I wouldn’t discount somebody else’s workflow and say they are unnecessary. And clearly, they are a frequent request to Avid and most other DAWs support them.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingy View Post
Organization abilities to keep sessions clean. Especially helpful when you have orchestral templates or are recording large amounts of vocals / strings / etc. They also make it easy to edit / cut / move multiple tracks all at once while maintaining timing of individual tracks.
+1

We use foldingtracks and trackfolders in Live10 as it makes a lot of tracks with drums and vocals etc disappear into one track that expands when edits are needed. It is a wonder this hasn’t been implemented in PT yet seeing that basic features like this should be standard. Especially since many users have many tracks piled up with Orchestral audio and live drums and many takes just hides in one track and folds out when you want them to like a dropdown

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-31-2019, 08:38 AM

+1

stop making microtransactions in pt ultmate. i dont need avid link and so on. i want track folders,ara2 and more midi possibilities...

ok ara and midi is not that important...but hey everyone is begging for track folders, like every damm other main daw has...

as hdx user i am tied to avid...but last year was not really good...

avid says, that with the support plans (instead of upgrades) they can deliver new featuress faster... so pls do so... this would be great
Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM

Personally, MIDI improvements (that I listed in another thread) are critically needed (if Avid wants pro tools to be considered as a production and composing DAW).

Last edited by Chingy; 01-31-2019 at 09:30 AM.