Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room

Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 AM

Default EZDrummer/Superior Drummer - online collaboration with midi programming

I'm working on some demos in my home studio, I'm using toontrack products to write the drum tracks pretty much only using their midi packs as I suck at drum programming.

I'm really struggling with a 3/4 track using the online midi packs as none of them have the feel I'm looking for.

I thought some of you experienced drum programmers may be interested in collaborating on a track, hell maybe even more than one by writing the drum track for me.

I've never tried this sort of thing before so I don't know how it would work, but the idea of collaborating with a stranger, maybe even in another country and time zone sounds exciting and something different, so I'd certainly be interested in hearing from any of you who have either done this before I fancy trying to see if it works.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 AM

Default Re: EZDrummer/Superior Drummer - online collaboration with midi programming

Check out our groove libraries

https://www.platinumsamples.com

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-20-2015, 10:13 AM

YOu can find many midi file for drums online where you will get the groove you want. You can then import that midi file into yoru instrument track in pro tools and let it play through SD, or you can add it to the midi files of SD so you can play it through the browser of SD

Wave-T.com
Old 06-16-2015, 12:12 AM

Default Re: EZDrummer/Superior Drummer - online collaboration with midi programming

Might be worth exploring 6/8 time signatures. Divisable by 3/4 so will fit but with a different feel.