Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 07-29-2001, 09:47 AM

Default Scrub Wheel Again!

we were promised it would be usable for 'trim/scrubbing' a very long time ago, several software revisions since that promice have failed to address this.

Any hope out there?

Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-29-2001, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Scrub Wheel Again!

You beat me to it, Jules!!

It's time we let Stan know what the lingering issues are in ProControl land. You must consider this:

When an issue like the scrub wheel is put on the back burner and gets overlooked in a couple of software revs, the chances of it EVER being attended to go WAY WAY DOWN. Digi has their software guys bunkered away working on porting to OS X. My big beef is that some of the shortcomings of the ProControl have been solved with the hugely expesive EditPack instead of some fairly minor (IMHO) software and hardware tweaks. Think about it Digi: if someone needs a workstation with REAL EDITING PROWESS (saving the mixing for another room/stage) and wants to have a ProControl as part of that environment, can they justify the expense of an EditPack?

Remap the Keyboard Focus commands to the Channel Matrix and give us a plastic overlay. Make "Trim w/Scrub" happen with the scrub wheel. I've had the hood up, and for the life of me, I don't know why Digi thinks a trackball retrofit kit can't be put together. I've looked into small to meduim sized optical trackballs and I think I could do it myself with some help from a fabricator I know who makes custom stuff just like this all the time for the local university's research scientists.

How much would you guys pay for a nice optical trackball retrofit kit for your ProControl?

later, j mcd
Old 07-29-2001, 03:30 PM

Stan, welcome to the Forum!! Now PLEASE give us our trim/scrub. It has been promised for 18 months now. The monitor section upgrade was very bad policy, but you could correct it. Also why no retrofit for a trackball per John's suggestion? If you can't do it, FIX the brutal mousepad!! I use an iBook for other Mac apps and have no problem using a mousepad, but the PC pad is worthless.
Please respond. Thanks.........
1 TB PCIe flash storage
Pro Tools Ultimate HD 2023.6
HD Native Thunderbolt
Old 07-29-2001, 05:55 PM

I'd gladly overpay for a trackball retrofit!
Let's stay on this request!!
Old 07-30-2001, 12:44 AM

Agreed!

Totally!

There is absolutely no excuse for that useless trackpad especially considering the plethora of industrial track balls avaliable. I would even guess that the trackball in the editpack would fit there.

IT"S TIME THAT THE TRIM/SCRUB FEATURE IS IMPLIMENTED!!!.

I saw the edit pack for the first time the other week......all that money for just that?....not for me. The joysticks look and feel painfully fragile

Let's see what happens next............probably a big fat nothing.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: PTPerson ]
Old 07-30-2001, 06:13 AM

Try to stick 'on topic' here guys please, lest this become a free for all!

Namely - The scrub wheel and its lack of promised features.

Start your own 'paper clip tray conversion' crusades on your OWN thread!

Thank you,

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jules

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Jules ]
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-30-2001, 06:44 AM

absolutely wasted space... either fix the trackpad or replace it with something that works. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2001, 03:16 PM

Anxiously awaiting............
1 TB PCIe flash storage
Pro Tools Ultimate HD 2023.6
HD Native Thunderbolt
Old 07-30-2001, 10:20 PM

digi fixed this problem in the birth of edit pack.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....thats the way they do it aaa ha thats they do it aaa hhh....sing along Hunter......I wiish Hunter T had a PT syatem ....then he could put how we all feel in words......words that would even make Avid think... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2001, 10:33 PM

sorry about the spelling .....that whole trackpad thing ...just ,,,,,,,,well .....makes me crazy//////////...only music people would put up with this....... so I bought Edit Pack...$70000 keyboard and track ball...if you can put up with that grinding sound .........but it adds more lights in Vegas mode so mabe I am just bitter............. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img][/LIST]