Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2013, 04:19 AM

Default FastTrack Ultra 8R stopped working - have tried "everything"!

Two days ago my FastTrack Ultra 8R just stopped working. In the middle of a session the "Unable to locate M-Audio hardware" message came up. I have since restarted the interface and the computer in numerous combinations, changed the USB cable, changed the USB port, changed the power cord re-installed the drivers, un-installed and re-installed them and then tried all of these things on different computers. Still nothing. Pro Tools says it's not connected, the control panel says "Hardware not connected" and "Not streaming", the Sound tab in the system preferences can't find it... Two days later it still says "Hardware not connected" - but it shure as hell is.

So what now? What's next to do?

I have a mic that's fifty years old, works like a charm every day. Why can't my four year old interface do the same?
Old 03-15-2015, 01:47 AM

Default Re: FastTrack Ultra 8R stopped working - have tried "everything"!

i am having the same problem, i have done a clean install of osx 10.7 and pro tools mp9.0.5 and can't seem to get the ultra 8R working at all even with every single driver install and update it just does not work. Did or do you have solutions?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:18 AM

Default Re: FastTrack Ultra 8R stopped working - have tried "everything"!

Had you made any changes to your setup before it stopped working? Can you test it on another computer? Be sure you've downloaded the latest drivers (and make sure your OS is supported):http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...tra-8R-Drivers

(I'm not a Mac guy, someone else might chime in with better suggestions).

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM