Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 11-03-2014, 10:57 AM

Default Unable to locate hardware

Hi all,

I'm getting the "unable to locate hardware message" (MP 9.0.5), even though it's worked for years, everything's connected and on, and the only change I know of that I've made since last opening Pro Tools was installing Melodyne. That shouldn't be an issue, should it? I've connected the Mobile Pre and iLock through a USB hub that has always functioned smoothly, and all lights are on.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Unable to locate hardware

Won't be Melodyne.

A trivial common cause of this is just letting your host computer sleep/suspend (either automatically or manually) and the computer will never see the interface again. This is why power management is supposed to be disabled in systems optimization. It is still easy to just accidentally do this without thinking.

Does the interface show up in audio/midi setup?

Leave the interface connected and power off the Mac (all the way off). Unplug all the other USB devices you can, leave the interface on the hub it has always worked on, and then power back on the Mac again. Does it work now?

If not...

Can you play iTunes music though the interface?

Did you *have* to use a hub to get the interface to work at all before? If not take that out of the picture for now, try different USB ports on the Mac.

If you needed the hub check the power supply to the hub (voltage with a multimeter) and/or try a different hub and different USB ports on the Mac.

Unisntall and reinstall the interface driver (do both with the interface disconnected).

And if none of that the we need much more info about Pro Tools exact versions, driver exact versions and Mac exact model, etc. and any other trouble shooing you have tried. Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link up on this page.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Unable to locate hardware

Sorry for the lack of info. I'll do better next time. I just realized that the MobilePre doesn't have a driver yet that supports Yosemite. I hadn't realized that I hadn't opened PT since the update. I guess it's back to Mavericks until they get a driver that works with Yosemite.

Thanks Darryl