Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 11:18 AM

Default Upgraded to PT 12.5 now automation buttons not working

Is anyone else experiencing this?

All worked fine in 12.4, upgraded to 12.5 and now pressing 'Sel' and an automation mode now has no affect, any ideas?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Upgraded to PT 12.5 now automation buttons not working

works fine here, i.e. as fine as before the upgrade.

One thing that happens a lot and has happened a lot (always?) before the update as well:

- when you change the automation mode twice in a row on the same single channel/set of channels the second time it doesn't work any more.

E.g. put track 1 in trim mode by pressing the trim and see buttons works fine. Then try to put it out of trim mode the same way: it doesn't work, I first have to select another channel before I can do this. Quite buggy....
Old 04-25-2016, 06:11 AM

thanks yoerik for checking, what a numpty complete user error on my part (been away from the studio for a little time), for some reason I wanted to press sel first, when in fact automation mode first then track select.

I checked what you are experiencing with automation mode sort of sticking and its the same on my system, first time it changes, next and subsequent times seems to be a bit iffy, sometimes it changes, other times it doesn't
Old 06-13-2016, 08:15 AM

Hi BM, thanks for checking as well. Did you get the Eucon 3.4 upgrade yet? It's less iffy on my S3 now, although most of the time you have to double tap the sel button the second/third/... time you change the automation mode on the same channel. Could you check if that's the case for you as well after upgrading to Eucon 3.4?

I've put in in this thread:http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381330