Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 AM

Default New Control 24 Rumor

I heard they are supposed to introduced a new Control 24 at the AES show. Does anyone know if this is true and have a picture a price. Digi needs to come up with a channel strip controller like whats on the icon. Just one fader, dynamics, eq controls. no monitor section. just necessary buttons for most important functions. And not all knobs in a verticle row. a setup just like the icon. This would make the unit a lot more affordable.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: New Control 24 Rumor

Don't think you'll see that. The point of the C24 was lots of faders, not much else, and a low price. No reason to think the C24 replacement (I've heard the rumors too) will deviate from that too much.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM

I think Digi needs to go for a controler in the 10K price range, like ProControl used to be.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM

With 10k I still prefer buying a product like my current 02R96. It is also a controller.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 1,1 16GB RAM and Mac Pro 2,1 GB
Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
With 10k I still prefer buying a product like my current 02R96. It is also a controller.
I use a DM2k (at a studio I sometimes rent) and own a D Command. They aren't even in the same league as controllers go. Depending on what they do with the C24 replacement, it may make sense over the Yamama stuff.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 PM

I was reading the just arrived DIgiNews September email.
They mention "visit AES and see some new products". It does not sound we are going to have a wall of new hardware.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 1,1 16GB RAM and Mac Pro 2,1 GB
Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 AM

The main thing i've found missing from the Low-end controllers (i speak only from command 8/Digi 002 experience) are 'Locator' buttons....The one thing i want from a controller, is the ability to navigate quickly around a song, without continually using the mouse.

Locator points, with their ability to fuction as zoom presets, Show/hide etc are one of the joys of Protools...but I find even the '.' 'number' '.' system for selecting locator points seems pretty daft....three key presses to jump to the bridge.

Also, considering the importance that Pro tools puts on playlists, i would have thought that 'New playlist' would have had a dedicated button too.....

That way, the scenario of "Lets do another take of the 1st bridge' would involve 3 key presses

1 key to jump to the bridge, 1 key to select a new playlist on whatever track is selected, 1 key to record..

..as it is, even with a command8, this type of process which is often done 100's of times a day in a busy tracking session, requires loads of mousing around

x
Mobile: 2017 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.13.6, PT 2018.x.x, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Old 09-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
The main thing i've found missing from the Low-end controllers (i speak only from command 8/Digi 002 experience) are 'Locator' buttons....The one thing i want from a controller, is the ability to navigate quickly around a song, without continually using the mouse.

Locator points, with their ability to fuction as zoom presets, Show/hide etc are one of the joys of Protools...but I find even the '.' 'number' '.' system for selecting locator points seems pretty daft....three key presses to jump to the bridge.

Also, considering the importance that Pro tools puts on playlists, i would have thought that 'New playlist' would have had a dedicated button too.....

That way, the scenario of "Lets do another take of the 1st bridge' would involve 3 key presses

1 key to jump to the bridge, 1 key to select a new playlist on whatever track is selected, 1 key to record..

..as it is, even with a command8, this type of process which is often done 100's of times a day in a busy tracking session, requires loads of mousing around

x
What about automation mode enable / switching...for me this is the most important thing missing on the Command 8
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 PM

the only reason I will believe that there is a C24 replacement in the wings is that the current unit is probably not RoSE compliant (muck like the 003 is primarily a 002 w/ RoSE compliance)
and it may incorporate some ICON elements (most likely the knobs)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: New Control 24 Rumor - ROsE

What is ROsE?

Izhar