Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 01-16-2006, 10:45 AM

Default best audio interface for 2 purposes

I'm in the market to buy an audio interface that will work with my Gigastudio PC setup, as well as PT LE set up on my Powerbook G4. The only viable solution seems to be to buy a m-audio firewire interface. My biggest problem is that I want an interface with adat lightpipe i/o so I can transfer multiple channels of audio simultaneously from my giga pc to my G5 running pro tools. I'm trying to avoid buying one audio interface for my giga pc, and one for my laptop which I will be running some version of PT LE on.

The m-audio firewire 1814 seems to be the best solution, but Tascam does not list this interface as compatible with gigastudio. I've emailed them to confirm this, but haven't received a reply as of yet.

Are there any alternative suggetions?

Thanks!
PT 11 HDN
Omni