Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Lightbulb Using the AAX Plug-ins Included With All Pro Tools 11 Software

Part 1 in a series on AvidBlogs.com:

Pro Tools 11 Virtual Instruments Included for Music Creation and Audio Production
By Andrew Wild on August 2, 2014
Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software comes bundled with a wide selection of 64-bit AAX Native and DSP plug-ins, including virtual instruments, effects, sound processing, and utilities designed by Avid and AIR. While some of you may have checked them all out, I would guess that the majority of Pro Tools 11 customers have only used a couple of the plug-ins available.

This is the first in a series of articles on Avid Blogs designed to demonstrate how these plug-ins can be used to create inspiring music and great sounding audio for picture. I’ll be highlighting available ‘how to’ resources on YouTube and the Internet. Most of the videos come from Pro Tools Expert, so a special thanks to Russ, Mike and the Pro Tools Expert team for creating such a wealth of informative videos. Let’s get started with Pro Tools 11 virtual instruments...Read more

~~~~~~~
Bruce Paine
Community Administrator
Avid Pro Audio Community
Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Using the AAX Plug-ins Included With All Pro Tools 11 Software

thank you!! this is really cool
Old 10-20-2014, 06:00 PM

I just bought and downloaded pro tools 11 and Im not sure how to download the plug ins package so I can get started where do I go
Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Iwhere do I go
To your Avid account. They are a separate installer named Air Instruments.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 12-21-2014, 05:36 PM

Look for this link in your Avid account, in the My Products and Subscriptions area: AIR Creative Collection 11.1 Installer for PT 11.1+ (Win) (2.59 GB)
Old 03-07-2015, 11:33 PM

Thanks for sharing the videos!
I'm enjoying my purchase of Pro Tools 11 and the included AIR Creative Collection.
Had me up all night and inspired some new work.
All done exclusively with the ACC.
You guys can hear it here: https://soundcloud.com/mikeysdemos
Old 03-30-2015, 01:50 PM

Default Has anyone had success with the NI "work around" fix for Yosemite/NI KK problem?

In the advice Native Instruments say;

Disclaimer: This article describes the manual uninstallation of a third-party manufacturer component. Native Instruments cannot be held responsible for any damages to your system caused by following these instructions.

Products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG, and Controller Editor will not launch when the AVID CoreAudioManager / Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. In stand-alone mode the application will freeze after launching, in plug-in mode the plug-in validation of the host program will fail, which might crash or freeze the host program or make the plug-in unavailable within the host program.

Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Follow these step-by-step instructions to temporarily remove the Avid CoreAudio driver in order to allow NI products to run properly under Mac OS 10.10:

Open the Finder and locate the following folder: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > HAL
Move the “Avid CoreAudio.plugin” outside of this folder (e.g. to the Desktop).
Type in the admin password when prompted.
Restart your computer.
While you still can fully use Pro Tools without the Avid CoreAudio driver, it is not possible to monitor the audio output of any third-party application using your Avid audio interface. If you require this functionality again, you need to move the file back to its original location and restart your computer. In this case, the mentioned NI applications will stop working again.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Default PT11 included plugins

Recently bought a new machine and purchased an upgrade (from PT9 HD) to PT10/11/12 HD. Entered code, downloaded and ran all installers including AIR Instruments/Effects. But where is the download for all the other plugins that are listed as being included with PT10/11/12? DigiRack, SansAmp, Classic Compressors, etc. info is nowhere to be found. Little help, please?
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 AM

I went in to my account and I cannot find the AIR Creative Collection download anywhere. Please help!