How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2011, 03:28 PM

Default Unleash the power of our Artist Series, sysex, Mackie and MIDI

Dear Collegues,

I am used to exploit 100% my hardware gear and usually employ MAX MSP to customize and configure control surfaces and other equipment that conform to any possible standard.

Apart from the stupid absence of a MIDI mode (i know that Eucon should be more performant...but....it also should be scalable to give less presumed performance but a wider range of usability!) I found that Artist Series and Eucon in general are very poorly documented as it concerns the protocol and so the possibility of customization (Mackie control for example in the manual of logic 7 was incredibly well documented and explained, as to let user override any lack of integration)

1) Is it possible to ask avid the specification of Eucon Protocol, as to build up custom setups or objects for actually unsupported platforms, like MAX MSP?

I have found interesting experiences of MAX MSP integration using Mackie Control protocol, with this and using Max4Live i was able to control a wide range of plugins in Ableton live and easily reconfigure on the fly and finally, write everything I wanted in the oled display :) but i developed everything by trial and error and using other's work published on internet

2) Is it possible to find Mackie Control and Mackie HUI full specifications and implementation?

3) MOST IMPORTANT: is there available a full MIDI SysEx chart for Mackie Control over the MC Control or MC Mix to exploit all the control functionscomponents (Faders, Keys and Knobs) of our Artist Series.

Hope to have been clear (not native english speaker)

Thanks for any reply

Alessandro Ratoci