Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Tempo/Pitch Stretch RTAS non iLok??

Hi all,

Tempo stretching is appalling in Pro Tools and that's why companies offer RTAS plugins to do the job properly:

Waves, Serato, Sound Toys and Digidesign.....

But what if you're not an iLok user?

No Waves Serato, Sound Toys and........Digidesign.

The solution - iZotope Radius? Nope, Digidesign bought that for X-Form and made it iLok too!!

So please, does anyone know of any PROPER time stretching RTAS software that is non-iLok??

The market is wide open. I use an Mbox2 on a Macbook - 2 USB ports, one for the Mbox, the other for my Korg Nano and besides I hate iLok anyway.

What software is available for the rest of us?

And please don't start talking about 'Elastic Time'. That's only good if you use a different engine like - Serato or Waves!!

Cheers for your thoughts.....

Old 12-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Tempo/Pitch Stretch RTAS non iLok??

The included "Time Shift" but it isn't RTAS, it's audio suite. Better in this case to re-render your file anyway. Time compression/expansion on the fly is a mess.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:46 PM

And if you feel as I do that this one is less than ideal, Bite the bullet and go with Serato "Pitch ,n Time Pro" and an ilok. Sooner or later you will need it.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.12 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-24-2009, 04:43 AM

So the answer is:

there is no NON iLOK Time/Pitch stretching software available.

I've already conversed with Steve Massey about this, I think another email is in order.......

Old 12-24-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
The included "Time Shift" but it isn't RTAS, it's audio suite. Better in this case to re-render your file anyway. Time compression/expansion on the fly is a mess.

I said 'proper' Plugins for a Reason.

Try time stretching a song more than 5BPM using 'Time Shift' - not good me thinks.....

Old 12-24-2009, 06:27 AM

I use Elastic Audio. Works like a charm with zero artifacts.

One of the things I love about digital audio is you can even use EA to create performances that "never happened."

HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), FOXCONN 2AB1 MoBo, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, Two WD Caviar Black Internal500 gig, One WD External 300 Gig, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, SD2, Metal Foundry, Focusrite Saffire 6, PT 9.03 (stable), Gibson Les Paul Studio (Drop D), Fender Tele (nashville tuning), hand built Carvin Bolt (finished!)
Old 12-24-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
And please don't start talking about 'Elastic Time'. That's only good if you use a different engine like - Serato or Waves!!
Too bad, I'm going to talk about it!! I too use Elastic time and think it works fine. If you do the final render with X-Form, it sounds really good.

I don't see a way around getting an ilok. IMO I think it's so much faster and easier to authorize all my plug-ins with ilok rather than typing in a million little codes/challenge/response into a computer that is not even online.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:23 AM

I don't see a way around getting an ilok. IMO I think it's so much faster and easier to authorize all my plug-ins with ilok rather than typing in a million little codes/challenge/response into a computer that is not even online.

Besides which, the majority of plugin manufacturers are doing their authorizing via Ilok anyway. I think the death of the challenge-response protocol is very near.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:41 PM

I've gotten to the point that I prefer my plug-ins to use the iLok and have requested iLok authorizations for those plugs that originally were challenge/response. I didn't always feel this way about iLok, but after a few reinstallations and requirements to be more portable I'm on board with iLok 100%. In fact, I haven't even loaded the Amplitubes on my Win 7 x64 machine because I can't stand having to go through their authorization process.

Maybe you've got your reasons to hate the iLok dongle but it has made my life easier.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 12-25-2009, 07:15 AM

http://www.celemony.com/cms/ Melodyne Editor is top notch and doesn't require iLok.