Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2017, 02:34 PM

Default SC48 (profile) Monitor setup

Hey guys, Im a newly trained engineer and have worked with analog consoles. Im going to work on the SC48 this weekend running monitors and the club I work at usually leaves the desk by monitor world.

When it comes to setting up the bands monitor mixes I am confused about hot to set it up. Would I still use available auxes on the output patchbay like on a normal analog console, or is there another way to set them up when patching?

So far I know when I set up my own wedge that where it will say stage 1 in monitors to just select left for a mono mix.

I looked at the manual but its hard for me to find the right answers when it comes to manuals, I need to actually do it to understand.

Sorry if my question isnt super clear but thats the best I can describe the situation.

Thanks and hope to hear some feedback.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:26 AM

Default Re: SC48 (profile) Monitor setup

As easy as you say at first: patch monitors as aux outputs (Aux 1 output to drums, pe).
For your own mix y can use Monitor out L or R for cue and so on. Go to options screen to set up SOLO as post if are outputs, and PRE (or what ever y wish) at input ch.