Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-09-1999, 07:50 AM

Default Urgent HELP needed !

Just bought me an Imation Superdisk, the one that Pro Tools recommend. S U R E !
Nothing works. I have to DeAutorize my PT but noway the window thats supposed to be there after a doubleclick will be there.
Iīm really not a computerguy so this quite a hell for me. Should it really be this hard makin music or is that something we did in the past. Now it seemes to be more gettin like this **** to work. Very dissapointed.
Got an B/W 350 and the superdisk brand new.

???????????????????????????????????????????

Mats
Old 11-09-1999, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Urgent HELP needed !

smack

Can you verify that you have these drvers installed in the system/extension folder.

The Imation SuperDisk requires these drivers:
-USBSuperDiskDriver v2.0a or latter www.superdisk.com
-USBSuperDiskDriver v2.0a or latter www.superdisk.com
-USB Floppy Enabler v2.0 or latter www.paceap.com

What version of Pro Tools are you using?
What hardware do you own?

Let mme know

Brad
Old 11-09-1999, 01:26 PM

Smack

If those drivers are installed lets look elsewhere. Rereading your initial post I'm a little confused on what the actual problem is....

"I have to DeAutorize my PT but noway the window thats supposed to be there after a doubleclick will be there."

I believe your trying to authorize the G3/350 and when selecting the Deauthorize button the next window doesn't show up or are you getting to the install window and there's no authorizations left? Can you explain the problem your having with an exact description of the process.

Have you tried the other USB port?
Power cycled the system making sure the Imation Superdisk is turned on before the CPU?
Is this happening on all floppy installers?
Can you try it with the 1.3.1 Pace enabler if your not using the new Imation SuperDisk "All Ice" or clear floppy drive. The new All Ice or clear Imation SuperDisks will require the 2.0 enabler.

Brad

[This message has been edited by TechSupt2 (edited 11-09-99).]
Old 11-10-1999, 12:26 AM

Hi Brad, Thanx or quick reply.

Yes, I got the drivers you listed above.
I got 4.3.1 PT, Adat Bridge, MTP-AV.
B/W 350 300 RAM, Adaptec 2940.

Mats
Old 11-10-1999, 01:31 PM

Dear Brad,

Iīll try to explain but have to excuse my english.
My PT24Mix with Adat Bridge and MTP-AV was a dream until I upgraded to MacOS 8.6 and at the same time bought me a new SCSI HD. The HD couldent be found so we installed FWB toolkit that comes with PT. Here it begins to happen things, PT cant record ch 5-6 from adat and the sync behaves funny. I tryied to crash the digisetup and prefīs and did new ones, that didnīt help. After a call to my store the told me to format internal HD and run 8.6 (not a upgrade version). Sorry I forgot to tell you that I bought Imation Superdisk a week ago because I had to DeAutorize but this didnīt function. I doubleclicked on D.A but the next window dinīt show up. Call after Call I were told to download USBsuperdiskdrive 2.0a. This didnīt help either so one night I got so mad that I dinīt care if the Authorization was blown. I installed the PT over the old one and there it was. I COULD DeAthourize. Format and in with new 8.6 and install PT again, this didnīt help my ch 5-6 from Adat anyway if you remember them from above. I did a little change from a to b ch 1-8 to 9-16 and finally I for 1.000 time checked the cables on the backside. I moved the cable thatīs connected to computer A up and down and then hanged it so that it wouldent be a brakepoint on the cable. There it was I have ch 5-6 again the sync works great and I.S can DeAuthorize. What it was??????????????
Have you kicked your TV.???????
I did tell my PT dealer that if this happens again I want exchange A Bridge and new cables as a lone so they can test my stuff
out.

Thanks for fast answers and Iīm sorry if I was rude in any way. I just try to make a livin out of this and cant my toolīs in a none workin mode. My 2" never did.

Thanks again Brad

Mats in Sweden
Old 11-10-1999, 03:33 PM

Mat

Glad to see your system up and running and you weren't being rude in any way...actually your post was warm and welcoming compared to some of the other posts I read up on the DUC. And no I don't kick my T.V. but I sometimes give the forearm shiver to my monitor.

Brad

Old 11-11-1999, 06:21 PM

Cheers, !

Mats