Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2010, 02:29 AM

Default transfer files from Pro Tools LE to M-powered

Is it possible to make some music in M-powered and then continue mixing it in Pro tools LE? A friend of mine have the M-powered version while I have LE and we want to be able to send the files to eachother to mix it in our own programs.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 AM

Default Re: transfer files from Pro Tools LE to M-powered

There is no difference whatsoever.
The exeption is if you have the DV Toolkit or Complete Production Toolkit (they cost thousands of dollars extra.) And even so it would only be a problem if you used features spesific to those toolkits (like surround mixing, more than 64 audio tracks..)

So you`ll be fine.
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM
Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Default Re: transfer files from Pro Tools LE to M-powered

I used to have (at my old job) an M-Powered system, using a M-Audio Delta 66 card. At home I have a 002R LE system. I used to transfer sessions back and forth all the time... no problems. The only difference was that at home, everything on my system ran through the ADAT optical cables in and out of my mixer, where as at work it was all analog, so all I had to do was change my I/O setup in the session itself... no biggie.

So yes, you should have NO problems what so ever.
Cheers
J