Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-12-2011, 07:06 PM

Default Re: MidiOutput selector Menu opens slow since 9.0.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You say you have 6 MIDI interfaces - how are they connected to the computer? Powered hub? Non-powered hub? Some other device?
No. First one (AMT8) got connected directly to the Mac's USB out.
The other ones are connected (stacked) thru the RS-422 and RS-232 ports.

This never caused any problems before PT 9.0.5.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Have any of you tried trashing the specific MIDI preferences indicated in one of the replies in the General Troubleshooting thread? What about testing from a different administrator account?
Zzzz... Zzzz... Zzzz...
Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Zzzz... Zzzz... Zzzz...
I know, I know. I WISH I didn't have to ask that every time - that people would indicate whether they've done it or not without prompting. You wouldn't believe how many *don't* do it before posting (or maybe you would...!).
Old 09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp View Post
No. First one (AMT8) got connected directly to the Mac's USB out.
The other ones are connected (stacked) thru the RS-422 and RS-232 ports.

This never caused any problems before PT 9.0.5.
Since I don't have 6 units to test with - can you tell me if the problem still occurs if you disconnect all but 1 of the units?

If anyone else is experiencing this - can you provide specific info about the interfaces you're using, how they're connected and if disconnecting them (or reducing the number of connected units) changes the behavior at all?

I'm trying to find a solid repro case for this - I've got 3 MIDI interfaces on my machine currently and I'm not seeing the problem, but they're all connected directly or through a powered hub.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Since I don't have 6 units to test with - can you tell me if the problem still occurs if you disconnect all but 1 of the units?

If anyone else is experiencing this - can you provide specific info about the interfaces you're using, how they're connected and if disconnecting them (or reducing the number of connected units) changes the behavior at all?

I'm trying to find a solid repro case for this - I've got 3 MIDI interfaces on my machine currently and I'm not seeing the problem, but they're all connected directly or through a powered hub.
Hi DCT,

thx a lot for taking the time to check this :)

I will call some friends using PT and MidiInterfaces to see what they got.
Also I will do what you suggested and will keep you informed bout my results. Either today or tomorrow.

If you check this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=307404 ... and he wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Track Music View Post
Have reported this to Avid and it seems to be repeatable.
Does this mean it was repeatable by AVID ?
Would be great if One Track Music could clear this up.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:

Hi,

I just checked it with only one AMT8 connected and it is still the same.

The more VIs I instanciate, the slower the MidiOutputSelector opens.

I just created a blank new PT-session, created 8 stereo InstrTracks and added Structure 8 times. Nothing else is in the session and AMS showing only one AMT8. The more Structure - the slower it gets.

No other beta VIs involved - all PlugIns up to date (just checked with PlugTools).
Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 AM

Hi,

In my case, Digi Midi i/o is the interface, plugged in through a hub, along with MidiOverLan internally. We tried removing MOL and trashing prefs to no avail. As I remember it, the tech support person I spoke to was able to reproduce it and logged it as a bug. In order to see it clearly, add about 30 midi channels or more to your session.

J
Old 09-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Track Music View Post
Hi,

In my case, Digi Midi i/o is the interface, plugged in through a hub, along with MidiOverLan internally. We tried removing MOL and trashing prefs to no avail. As I remember it, the tech support person I spoke to was able to reproduce it and logged it as a bug. In order to see it clearly, add about 30 midi channels or more to your session.

J
Joel -

I did a search for cases with your name/company but don't see any that are recent or related to this issue. Did you possibly use different contact info? I'm just trying to track down the tech you spoke to so I can see their repro case.

I just did a test session with 30 MIDI tracks and 8 VI tracks with different VI's on each track. When I click on the IO for MIDI I get about a half second lag. That's with 3 MIDI interfaces connected (1 directly to a Mac Pro, the other 2 through a powered USB hub).

I'll be testing further today - if anyone can provide any other insight/details that may help find a repro case, I'd love to hear them. I'll also be checking with our beta testers to see if any of them experience this.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:40 AM

I just got a call back from a friend. He is using a MacPro 12core, OSX10.6.8 & PT-HD-TDM Accel3 PCIe (no expansion chassis) and got "about" 3 Digidesign MidiInterfaces.

When he clicks on the MidiOutput selector, it takes about 4 seconds before the list finally opens.

I will talk with him later to get more technical details bout his setup and the PT-session he was using for checking. Unfortunately he's not here at the DUC.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Avid

We may have a lead on this - but, please, continue to post any info you have that may provide additional info for our engineering team to work with.

Thanks!