Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Default PT 9.05 Midi Bug

Hi all,

When trying to select the midi output assignment on a track, in either the edit or mix window, PT 9.05 hangs. This become noticeable with more midi tracks. The length of hang seems to be directly proportional to the number of midi tracks in a session and the number on midi devices in the AudioMidi Setup. My sessions have 50 or more midi tracks on average so this is a bit of a problem. Have reported this to Avid and it seems to be repeatable. Reverted back to 9.03 - all is well again.

Cheers,
Joel
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Default Re: PT 9.05 Midi Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Track Music View Post
Hi all,

When trying to select the midi output assignment on a track, in either the edit or mix window, PT 9.05 hangs. This become noticeable with more midi tracks. The length of hang seems to be directly proportional to the number of midi tracks in a session and the number on midi devices in the AudioMidi Setup. My sessions have 50 or more midi tracks on average so this is a bit of a problem. Have reported this to Avid and it seems to be repeatable. Reverted back to 9.03 - all is well again.

Cheers,
Joel
See also here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306314
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 09-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Thanks Steff. Good to know I am not crazy
Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Definetely not ;P

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...low/81638-3779
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Hi One Track Music,

could you maybe go over to the other thread and post any results there ?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...=1#post1834793

Thx a lot
Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Avid

Can you let me know whom you spoke to (which office, department or person) that could reproduce the issue?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:26 AM

Since 9.05 Update Midi is completely wacked.. Even sending midi beat clock to a drum machine causes fast stuttering. Midi records repeated notes on Yamaha s90. After clearing double notes and quantizing them to just a simple quarter note, plays back out of time. Sometimes not even firing a note, just skipping all together. Been using Midi Timepiece with Pro Tools for 12 years, never encountered this or anything similar. I have updated to all new drivers to try and fix. Still totally hosed on my Pro Tools HD TDM 9.05
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTStudios View Post
Since 9.05 Update Midi is completely wacked.. Even sending midi beat clock to a drum machine causes fast stuttering. Midi records repeated notes on Yamaha s90. After clearing double notes and quantizing them to just a simple quarter note, plays back out of time. Sometimes not even firing a note, just skipping all together. Been using Midi Timepiece with Pro Tools for 12 years, never encountered this or anything similar. I have updated to all new drivers to try and fix. Still totally hosed on my Pro Tools HD TDM 9.05
I don't have any other reports of this - so it could be machine specific.

Have you done any troubleshooting, such as trashing the specific AMS/MIDI prefs per the instructions in the General Troubleshooting thread?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I don't have any other reports of this - so it could be machine specific.

Have you done any troubleshooting, such as trashing the specific AMS/MIDI prefs per the instructions in the General Troubleshooting thread?
Hi there, yes, did all the usual troubleshooting steps. I did not get the details down of the person I spoke to, unfortunately.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTStudios View Post
I have similar problems. I upgraded to 9.0.5 a few days ago and now MIDI input is totally random. Absolutely impossible to record ANY MIDI on both DIGI002R or any of my MBoxes.
I also tried trashing prefs and upgrading all drivers.....