Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Default ALL Group Bug

Maybe this has been covered before but I am seeing a serious bug in the ALL Group. I've traced it back to 8.0, but 7.4 was fine.

Selecting across AUX tracks with the ALL Group highlighted, no longer selects all tracks in the session. Similarly it now does not work correctly with midi tracks unless they are in Region view.

I am finding this very problematic as I tend to run large mixed-track sessions, plenty of midi etc. Can anyone else confirm?

Many thanks!
Joel
Old 04-21-2010, 02:53 AM

Default Re: ALL Group Bug

I don't think it's a bug, they changed the behaviour of group modes in PT8 so that in many cases selection and adjustments only apply to all tracks in the group if they have the same playlist view enabled - eg if you enable an edit group and select all the volume automation on one track, it will only select grouped tracks which also currently have their playlists in volume mode.

It's a bit of a double-edged sword. It makes some things much easier - for example handling pan automation when your group contains mono and stereo tracks is much better now. It also helps prevent the accidental deletion of regions off screen if you inadvertently leave a group active then clear some automation. It can also be annoying, but if you do want to select everything using a track in either waveform or region mode will still behave as it did in 7.4.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 AM

Ive been trying to ascertain if this is a feature or bug ever since switching to 8.0. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bug.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki View Post
Ive been trying to ascertain if this is a feature or bug ever since switching to 8.0. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bug.
I've now got confirmation from tech support that's it a bug. Whatever functionality they may have changed or added, ALL needs to mean ALL. Or, "No Tracks Left Behind!" Right now it's a mess.

Digi?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Track Music View Post
I've now got confirmation from tech support that's it a bug. Whatever functionality they may have changed or added, ALL needs to mean ALL. Or, "No Tracks Left Behind!" Right now it's a mess.

Digi?
No one else using the ALL GROUP? I'd love to get this fix fast-tracked. I think it's a biggie!

Thanks.
Joel