Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM

Default is it me or is PT 7.4.2 a mess?

sorry admin.....but having waited so long for leopard compatability i am bit disappointed at the mo.

I have a 2.2GHZ Intel Macbook i bought specifically to run pro tools on. I have pro tools 7.4.2 and leopard 10.5.3 and pro tools can create a session and save it but then crashes everytime i try to re-open the saved session. In other words its totally uselss.

why have i waited since january , when i bought Mbox mini and the macbook....for this?

surely its not on to release software that cant run on a number of basic set-ups

(again admin, sorry but I have had no response to my queries re: pro tools 7 on my system from digi since jan. so am bit fed up, especially as i'm/i was the biggest PT fan i know)
Old 06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Avid

Default Re: is it me or is PT 7.4.2 a mess?

Sir, you've posted in 3 forums now. Please stick to one post in one forum, rather than having people reply to 3 different complaints.

First - check my reply in your other post.

Next - since you have not listed any troubleshooting steps you've tried, I'll start with the basics.

Have you absolutely, positively verified that ALL installed plug-ins are Pro Tools 7.4 compatible? Having any incompatible plug-ins installed, even if they're not used in the session, can cause all kinds of problems in Pro Tools.

Pro Tools Leopard Plug-in Updates

Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 PM

thank you for the help and i take your point about where i post on board. going to look on your advice in the other post

thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 04:53 PM

to admin:

i first posted on this the other day:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1293564

me:

"I have installed Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 on my Macbook Dual 2.2 GHZ running 10.5.3, all of which are meant to be fully qualified but i cannot re-open saved pro tools sessions.

I am able to create a new session and save it on finishing the session but then am unable to re-open the files. Pro tools will boot up but when it gets to "building miscellaneous views" (as it opens/builds the session) it crashes.

This happened on the pre-release version of 7.4 i was using and hoped the 7.4.2 release would fix the problem but it hasnt.

I have uninstalled and re-installed pro tools and still the same problem persists.

Does anyone have any advice/solutions for me?

thanks "

me:

"i.......did a clean uninstall

maybe i should check the plug-ins
i am running pro tools le's bundled plug-ins plus the latest versions of t-racks and sampletank

will remove them in the morning and see if that helps, then post up on here again."

me:

"no change as a result of removing the plug-ins (which are actually qualified as compatible in Pro tools 7.4.2 anyway)

admin......do you have any advice. This is very frustrating as i bought my mbox mini in january when i bought my macbook as my mobile studio set-up and i AM STILL UNABLE TO USE IT!!!"

............this is the only troubleshooting i can think of, uninstall/re-install and checking the plug-ins, sampletank and t-racks both versions of which the pro tools compatability guide says are qualified for use with 7.4.2

its got me stumped.....and i must say i always found pro tools software/hardware packages to be so simple , just "plug and play" from when i first got digi 001 ...so not used to having any difficulties .

anyway early start in work so will return tomorrow and let you know if clearing the preferences helps or if i find another way to sort it (not sure what it'll be though, thanks anyhow)
Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM

1. Delete the Protools preferences file

2. Repair Permissions.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:29 PM

Default itunes + DigiCore + 7.4.2 = ?

Hi,

I no longer am able to play itunes through my 003 rack now that I have performed the upgrade to 7.4.2 and ubgraded the firmware on my 003. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any help would be much appreciated! I have not altered the cabling at all since upgrading.

My setup:

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66
2GB Ram
pt 7.4.2
itunes 7.6.2
003 Rack
Old 06-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Avid

Quote:

me:

"no change as a result of removing the plug-ins (which are actually qualified as compatible in Pro tools 7.4.2 anyway)
Did you remove them from the session or your Plug-Ins folder? If you removed them from your plug-ins folder, did you trash preferences and restart after doing so?

If you have not removed all plug-ins from the plug-ins folder, do so, trash prefs, restart and try creating, saving and reopening a new session. If that works, then we'll know it's plug-in related and we'll need to determine which plug-in(s) are causing the problem.

Quote:

............this is the only troubleshooting i can think of, uninstall/re-install and checking the plug-ins, sampletank and t-racks both versions of which the pro tools compatability guide says are qualified for use with 7.4.2
Did you miss the other suggestion in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread about testing with a new Administrator account? Depending on your answer to the first question, I'd like you to try this next.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Avid

Default Re: itunes + DigiCore + 7.4.2 = ?

Quote:
Hi,

I no longer am able to play itunes through my 003 rack now that I have performed the upgrade to 7.4.2 and ubgraded the firmware on my 003. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any help would be much appreciated! I have not altered the cabling at all since upgrading.

My setup:

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66
2GB Ram
pt 7.4.2
itunes 7.6.2
003 Rack
Is your Sound control panel set to Digi HW? Is the Core Audio Manager launching and showing 'Connected'? Did you read the alert in the 7.4.2 Read Me about possiibly having to toggle Core Audio if you do not get playback?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:23 PM

to tech support:

i have pulled out my sampletank 2.5 and trashed preferences etc etc. (following your advice) and have now successfully created, saved and re-opened a new session so am over happy to have got to this point.

am hoping it will stay stable if i re-install sampletank 2.5 now and jus wanna say thanks for the help.

to answer my own question in this thread.....its probably NOT pro tools bein a mess its ME

edit:

.......have now installed pro tools ignition pack 2 that came with my mbox mini and pro tools wont load up anymore, it jams when it gets to

"Loading Plug-ins.......DigiRewire.dpm"
Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:

edit:

.......have now installed pro tools ignition pack 2 that came with my mbox mini and pro tools wont load up anymore, it jams when it gets to

"Loading Plug-ins.......DigiRewire.dpm"
i had the same thing after installing the reason 4 demo - except tools would freeze randomly while loading any of the first few plugins in the plugins folder. not just the digirewire plugin. i removed only the digirewire plugin and tools loads fine now. not sure what ill do if i want to rewire something..

hope this helps

osx 10.5.3
PT 7.4.2