Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-22-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Oh Boy Did I Mess Up!

I am running Pro Tools 6.9.2 HD 192 and for video I capture with Avid Mojo. I was experimenting (I'm a fool, I know) trying to figure out how I could export and view mxf files. My web search led to AvidDV free, which said it could see mfx files so I downloaded and installed a version. It didn't seem to run properly so I quickly uninstalled the program. Only one other time since that uninstall have I been able to view my video files in pt and now I can't open a new avid movie track! I've shut down, unplugged Mojo, tried to restart it any way I could. Now I can't even find the Mojo Drivers online for PT 6.9.2

Please HELP. I'm not too sure what to from here because I'm not really too sure what I've even done wrong.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Oh Boy Did I Mess Up!

Quote:
My web search led to AvidDV free, which said it could see mfx files so I downloaded and installed a version.

I'm not too sure what to from here because I'm not really too sure what I've even done wrong.
The first section of your post is what you have done wrong. MOJO and Pro Tools require very specific components be installed in order to function properly. The probability ishigh that AvidDV free installed a component that broke this functionality, and the uninstall likely did not restore things to what they were prior to installing AvidDV free. I would think that the next step is to do a complete uninstall of Pro Tools and then reinstall it. With any luck the uninstall will remove every last AVID/Digidesign file, providing you with the clean slate necessary to get back to work.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:33 PM

thanks for the advice. I don't suppose there is a way to just reinstall the Mojos drivers?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
thanks for the advice. I don't suppose there is a way to just reinstall the Mojos drivers?
You may want to pose that question in the post forum. I do not own a MOJO, so I have never had to do such a thing. You may want to see if there is a custom install option in the v6.9.x installer to install the MOJO files separately.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 AM

you can try to reinstall the Avid Video drivers from the install disk (it's one of those option under the main installer

but Avid Free is known to destroy a system at uninstall so you may need to start w/ a clean OS install and go reinstall everything from there

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 06-23-2006, 11:28 AM

that did it.

thanks so much for your help!