Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2014, 04:44 AM

Default Pro tools 10/11 upgrade activated in wrong iLok account

I´ve just bought a Pro Tools upgrade from V9 to V10 via e-bay.
I activated it on the Avid Website and accidently transferred it to an obviously old iLok Account of mine.
I´ve not activated it in my iLok license manager, yet.
How can I reverse this and transfer the License to the right account.
The AVID support gave my different links to support codes that I should buy, but they seemed wrong to me, because they are telephone support codes.
Can AVID transfer the license? Is the ASC really necessary, I paid a lot of money for the software already. Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 10/11 upgrade activated in wrong iLok account

I will bring this to the attention of the super-mods. Please be patient and hopefully one of them will either send you an email, respond here, or both.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dando View Post
I´ve just bought a Pro Tools upgrade from V9 to V10 via e-bay.
I activated it on the Avid Website and accidently transferred it to an obviously old iLok Account of mine.
I´ve not activated it in my iLok license manager, yet.
How can I reverse this and transfer the License to the right account.
The AVID support gave my different links to support codes that I should buy, but they seemed wrong to me, because they are telephone support codes.
Can AVID transfer the license? Is the ASC really necessary, I paid a lot of money for the software already. Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.
If you purchased the upgrade from an authorized Avid dealer, then an ASC might not be necessary. Often the dealer would contact Avid for their customer.

If you purchased from someone that was not an authorized Avid dealer, then yes, you would need to contact Avid support for assistance by phone or by opening a support case. But since it is not standard practice for a private party to sell an activation code that they got from someplace you and Avid don't know the details of, it might not be possible for them to help you.

If it was someone that bought a hardware/software bundle, and is then reselling part of the bundle, it gets more complex. You might save some money that way, and they might have a good ebay rating, but if something goes south, you run into these kinds of support issues.

But from what you are describing, you have a license on an old iLok account that belongs to you. And you want to transfer it to a different iLok account that also belongs to you.

As long as you are able to login to the iLok account where you put the license, then you may be able to use the iLok.com license transfer process ($25 USD for a single license, $50 maximum for a single transaction of multiple iLok licenses from one account to another).

If it is an upgrade license that requires surrender of a previous license, then you may have to move the older license from whatever account it is on to the same account as the newer license in order to complete the upgrade.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:06 PM

I did the same thing last week. I called Avid support and they did the transfer from one ilok to the other. They were in 2 different accounts and I had to provide the account names. Took a couple of hours, and voila!