Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2018, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Avid Artist Mix Setup - Ableton

I'm hoping to get this working with my new Artist Mix and Ableton as well. I have tried using pref setter with the settings listed here to no avail. The image of the Pref Setter settings is not showing up here in the forum, though I am logged in. I imagine it may be a syntax thing? I opened my com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist file with text editor and am pasting the text here. Does anyone see my error here?

bplist00”_Network Launch StatusYNew Array_-Total Number of Available Euphonix MIDI PortsWSuccess•
_"App Identifier: "com.ableton.live"_App Name: "Live"_2App Path: "/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Suite.app"_MIDI Ports: "1-4"_Protocol: "MackieControl"'1aioîß‹

I have tried this a couple of times using the Pref Setter app. The first time, it added a 1 in front of App Path. This try did not work after reboot so I deleted the new array and started again. This time there is a 2 before App Path. I do not know if this is relevant.

Some other things I have tried:

I did of course add Mackie Control to the surfaces in Ableton prefs and selected the Euphonix Port 1 in In and Out, with their MIDI prefs turned on for MIDI i/o and Remote On.

I checked to see if the Artist Mix was sending any MIDI at all using a MIDI Monitor app but there is no MIDI activity from the buttons or faders when the Euphonix MIDI ports are selected as input in MIDI Monitor. Hmmm. The Artist Mix works fine with Pro Tools still :-D I am on the latest firmware for the Artist Mix. Any ideas anyone out there? I tried different syntax for the String fields as well, but am likely missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Amaral View Post
As hoeglund mentioned, edit com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist, which lives in /Users/*yourusername*/Library/Preferences/.

If you are using Pref Setter, add an array to the EuCon Applications item (which will then automatically be named Item 1) and then add 5 keys, all of them strings:

- App Identifier: "com.ableton.live"
- App Name: "Live"
- App Path: your path to ableton, something like "/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Suite.app"
- MIDI Ports: "1-4"
- Protocol: "MackieControl"

Save the preferences on Pref Setter and restart your mac, you should be all set!

Here's a screenshot of the Pref Setter screen:
http://www.mckaygarner.com