Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-19-2019, 12:09 AM

Default Cannot Create New Project

Hi,

I had 3 projects in my Avid cloud and in order to create another one I deleted one. However, when I try to create a new one it says I can’t because I already have the maximum created? When I log into the website it tells me I have 3/3 projects but Protools only sees 2. How do I fix this?

I’ve tried logging in/out of both protools and the web and restarting but it doesn’t make a difference. I’m using 2019.5 as of yesterday. I was using 2018.7 before. This in Win10.

Cheers, Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2019, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Cannot Create New Project

This is where it’s telling me I have 3/3 projects. I don’t. I deleted 1. I can only see 2 when I start PT. How do I fix this?

Old 05-19-2019, 04:03 AM

Here's some images that highlight the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PIC1.jpg (27.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png PIC2.PNG (9.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png PIC3.PNG (21.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 PM

Is there anyone who can shed any light on this?

Old 05-25-2019, 12:53 AM

Is there anyone from Avid who can comment on this? I’m not the only one who’s had this problem.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:13 AM

Default Re: My projects are gone

I have a problem with Avid cloud and I opened a case. Avid promptly closed it saying I wasn’t entitled to support as I only have PTF and directed me here. This is incredibly poor from Avids point of view as I don’t see how fellow PT users can sort out the Avid cloud mess. I keep bumping the threads about my issue in a vain attempt to get attention. I’m new to PT and from what I see it’s really good but I really question the support.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJo View Post
I have a problem with Avid cloud and I opened a case. Avid promptly closed it saying I wasn’t entitled to support as I only have PTF and directed me here. This is incredibly poor from Avids point of view as I don’t see how fellow PT users can sort out the Avid cloud mess. I keep bumping the threads about my issue in a vain attempt to get attention. I’m new to PT and from what I see it’s really good but I really question the support.

Unfortunately Avid’s cloud storage appears to be a mess. An extremely poorly implemented mess. I would not trust anything on it. It’s a pity as Avid has made just tremendous improvements recently with their core Pro Tools standard and Pro Tools Ultimate products. Avid is showing you they do not support this freeware at all well. Avid support should be ashamed, they know customers are suffering with this and they are best able to fix those users storage issues.

Spending your time posting all over DUC is sad, if I was in your place I would decide wether I needed Pro Tools compatibility and if so purchase or rent Pro Tools Standard. You can even get a one month free trial of Ultimate (and the sessions you create will work with standard after the trial ends). See https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial. Or just give up and pick another DAW. There are many other fantastic DAWs out there, on Mac I would recommend Logic Pro, or Reaper on Mac or PC, but it depends on what you are doing, composition, vs recording audio, working with midi etc.

Remember sessions=on local disk format, compatible with traditional Pro Tools, projects=flakey cloud stuff.

There is this “local save” change recently, but you don’t want that either IMNSHO ... it’s not really saving local sessions, and does not get you away from the cloud storage mess. https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...ls-first-users

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-25-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:32 AM

I’m guessing that Avid cloud is mess for both PT and PTF users do I would be very reluctant to upgrade until I know that it is sorted out for PT.

Not even being able to raise it as an issue even on the understanding that it won’t be fixed for PTF users it a real kick in the nuts from Avid. I’m not the only one with this issue and I’d like some reassurance that it’s at least going to looked at or acknowledged.

It’s incredibly disappointing.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJo View Post
I’m guessing that Avid cloud is mess for both PT and PTF users do I would be very reluctant to upgrade until I know that it is sorted out for PT.
I worry you are wasting your time with Avid’s Cloud storage. It is unclear to me if enough people inside or outside of Avid are using this or focused on fixing it. I currently have no expectation it will get fixed, so would not waste my time with this stuff. If you actually want to get work done with Pro Tools now you can use PT standard or Ultimate with local sessions. If you are looking for web based online collaborative audio editing I have a *beautiful* bridge to sell you.

Sorry if that is not what you want to hear, but I am trying to save you pain, even if Avid jumped in and did you a favor and fixed this immediate issue for you, I would not want to then put valuable work back into this system and risk losing it. Your time has to be worth something, and hopefully that helps you justify purchasing Pro Tools standard or another DAW.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-25-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:07 PM

We should absolutely look into any cloud issues, but for now you should be able to carry on by disabling Backup to Cloud in the Dashboard to create local Projects.