Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 11-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Default Pro Tools Express cannot locate MBox2 hardware

I know this has been discussed elsewhere but the solutions discussed aren't getting me anywhere, and I'm rapidly losing hair and braincells, also completely new to all this. I have an MBox 2 which came with ProTools Express ver. 10.3.4. I got this earlier in the year, and installation seemed to work fine. I could get into ProTools no problem. Due to a change in circumstances I didn't get a chance to use it until now, except that now as Pro Tools starts it throws up the message 'cannot locate hardware...check connections etc' . The Mbox2 I'm using, has all the lights coming on, and the Mbox control panel is happy to load and shows hardware connected. I've downloaded the latest Mbox driver from Avid, I've tried different usb ports. I've tried without the ilok dongle and obviously it wont load at all that way. I'm using PC with i7 processor. Win 7.... any suggestions? - PANIC OVER SOLVED! had another go at the drivers and this time it made a difference

Last edited by Victorzk; 11-02-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Express cannot locate MBox2 hardware

Did you disable USB power management?
Old 11-03-2014, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Express cannot locate MBox2 hardware

Are you sure it's an Mbox 2, or Mbox 3?

The Mbox 2 never shipped with PT Express, because PT Express was not even introduced until after the Mbox 2 was discontinued.

I'm assuming you mean the Mbox 3.

If it is in fact the Mbox 2, that explains why it isn't working, and will never work, because PT Express only works with a few select hardware interfaces (which does not include the Mbox 2).