Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2017, 12:14 PM

Default 12.7.1 Constant Crashes

PT 12.7.1 crashes every 30 seconds. At this point, rather than work on music all I do is restart the program 40 - 50 times a day until I finally just give up. Have tried reinstall, have taken out the plug-ins and put them back. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

In fact, once Pro Tools crashes, everything else on my computer stops working. At one point I couldn't even access the internet to reload Pro Tools until I uninstalled the crashed version.

It is completely unusable. What is worse is I am paying a subscription fee for this pile of junk. It is painful to have to pay for the privilege of a having a DAW that simply does not work.

At this point it appears that Pro Tools is no longer a viable alternative. What a shame, I really like the program. If only it worked.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:28 PM

Default Re: 12.7.1 Constant Crashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
PT 12.7.1 crashes every 30 seconds. At this point, rather than work on music all I do is restart the program 40 - 50 times a day until I finally just give up. Have tried reinstall, have taken out the plug-ins and put them back. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

In fact, once Pro Tools crashes, everything else on my computer stops working. At one point I couldn't even access the internet to reload Pro Tools until I uninstalled the crashed version.

It is completely unusable. What is worse is I am paying a subscription fee for this pile of junk. It is painful to have to pay for the privilege of a having a DAW that simply does not work.

At this point it appears that Pro Tools is no longer a viable alternative. What a shame, I really like the program. If only it worked.
Wow, tough to read!! Sorry you're having such trouble.

Obviously something is wrong. I work in PT 8-12 hrs/day 6 days a week and don't see this, nor do many thousands of other professionals.

Mac? PC? Have you done all of Avid's optimizations?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:19 PM

nobody has a clue of how to help you since you haven't posted any details of your computer, OS, etc. what you are experiences is highly unusual. as Drew says, there are thousands of users working with no issues.

you say you have a subscription, so why not contact support? that's what I would do...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 05-23-2017, 04:43 PM

Try to trash PT preferences would be a good place to start.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 06:20 PM

Try give this a go, if it doesn't work you can revert back. Since you have not listed your OS it is a bit hard for people to help so I will just put this forward in case you are windows.

Avid and Windows has some driver signing issues. A quick fix is to disable secure boot. Apparently this happens to only UEFI mb's

Boot into bios, under bootloader tab change or disable secure boot.

12.7.1 yeah boi :)

Ciao
Old 05-24-2017, 07:31 PM

it crashes half the time i get busy editing or mixing anything myself. i'm on 12.5.1 tho, but still, it's not a lot better than what you're describing. it's pathetic honestly that the "industry standard DAW" is so unstable.