Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Waves added Q-Clone to the Diamond Bundle!

Yes, true only the L3, and Renaissance Axe, are now part of the Diamond package, all other freebies
have a seperate WUP.

I downloaded the Diamond 5.2 for a clean Tiger install, L3 plus Renn Axe were in the installer too.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, true only the L3, and Renaissance Axe, are now part of the Diamond package, all other freebies
have a seperate WUP.

I downloaded the Diamond 5.2 for a clean Tiger install, L3 plus Renn Axe were in the installer too.
Well, that's good. It's interesting, though, that on that page, they were also described as "premium" and "bonus." I guess at this point, only IR-L, Q-Clone and Tune-LT use the "Mini Bar" system (i.e. take them out of the Waves refrigerator and use them, and they'll show up on your bill).

Lee Blaske
Old 02-23-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is totally misleading. It is NOT included in the Diamond bundle. Existing users are able to download it for free, but will have to pay over and above their existing WUP.
Q-Clone is now listed as one of the plug-ins included with the purchase of a new Diamond Bundle. MSRP for the Diamond Bundle via the WAVES website is $7000.

Did the price of the Diamond Bundle go up with the addition of Q-Clone?

Will the price of WUP for the Diamond Bundle a year from now for a new purchaser (who gets Q-Clone in the bundle) be different than the price for someone who purchased a year ago and needs to renew at the same time?

If the answers are "no" and "no" then current Diamond owners who take advantage of the "absolutely free" (NOT) Q-Clone offer from Waves are really being slapped in the face.

It just gets more and more complicated trying to keep up with the way WAVES wants to do business.

j mcd
Old 02-23-2006, 09:32 AM

I think Waves has been raising the MSRP prices of bundles as they include more stuff.
This whole WUP thing has been such a scam.
If Waves had simply delivered on their promises, people would probably have accepted WUP.
Providing Lite versions and disassociating new plugins from their natural bundle just shows you their greed. Not to mention the whole authorization scandle for ilok.

"LIFE'S TO SHORT FOR ==>> WUP!!!"
Old 02-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Waves

Hello,

I'll address a few things in the thread that are not correct:

1) Waves has not increased list prices on our bundles. Prices on all of our bundles have stayed the same for many years. We have however added plugins, support, and features to almost all our bundles, while keeping the prices the same.

2) Regarding bonus plugins added under the Waves Update Plan (QCLone, IRL, TuneLT, L3, RenAxx). These plugins are part of the same Waves Update Plan coverage as the base product (Diamond, Platinum, etc) and therefore should not increase the overall WUP renewal price of an account.*

If you are finding different in your account, please call us and we'll look at this for you.

* Bonus plugins vary depending on the Waves product you have covered by the Waves Update Plan. For complete details go to http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=2003

Best regards,

Waves Customer Support
865-909-9200x2

Waves Customer Support
Old 02-23-2006, 03:27 PM

Wow....
Thanks very much to Waves Support for watching and responding to this thread.

I just checked my WUP fee schedule and NOW see that essentially zero additional cost (20 cents actually ) is incurred when checking my Gold_RenMaxx TDM bundle WITH TuneLT and IR-LT. I thank you much for fixing this. ......

Anyone able to confirm that all is right with Platinum and Diamond bundles now???

-Lee
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 02-23-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
2) Regarding bonus plugins added under the Waves Update Plan (QCLone, IRL, TuneLT, L3, RenAxx). These plugins are part of the same Waves Update Plan coverage as the base product (Diamond, Platinum, etc) and therefore should not increase the overall WUP renewal price of an account.*

If you are finding different in your account, please call us and we'll look at this for you.
I would like to believe that what has been reported here by others was a mistake, but still, when you go to the page that explains these "premium" plug-ins...

http://waves.com/content.asp?id=2120

It clearly states...

Quote:
Waves Q-Clone is now offered as a Premium Plug-in to owners of the Diamond Bundle with current Waves Update Plan coverage

The Q-Clone Premium Plug-in is covered by one complimentary year of Waves Update Plan.
Why would there be any mention of a "complimentary year of Waves Update Plan" for this premium plug-in? One would assume that this plug-in, if it actually was included in the bundle, would be covered by whatever term of WUP that a Diamond Bundle owner had in place. Wouldn't that make the most sense?

It seems more likely to me that Waves might have changed its mind about charging these extra WUP fees.

These policies seem confusing, and seems to change often.

There seems to be nothing wrong with the part of Waves that's coming up with new products. It's just the whole marketing side that's screwed up. To regain customer confidence, I think Waves really needs to do a thorough house cleaning of its marketing department, booting out whoever has caused the marketing fiasco of the past few years. WUP needs to be terminated, and a sensible policy of paying reasonable fees when significant upgrades become available needs to be put in place (i.e. no automatic yearly charges for static products that are not being upgraded). The handling of Waves assets should be put under the control of the iLok site, and copy protection service issue resolution should be available for anyone who has purchased Waves products (not just for those who are totally up-to-date with the latest products).

Lee Blaske
Old 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Dollars & sense

Lee, as always it's good to read your post and I couldn't agree more. However, no matter how much we bitch and groan on the DUC, I bet ya' that Waves are making solid money on WUP. A few angry customers ain't no match for whatever else is going on in that part of the World, but it'd sure be nice if the Waves people would listen to your advise. And who knows? They might even be richer for it...

Old 02-23-2006, 04:56 PM

I believe you when you say that Waves has AGAIN done an about face, Lee.
It shure wouldn't be the first time.

Yes, in all accounts from several forums, people have verified that WUP was additional with their bundle when they got the IR-L and Tune. It now it seems that you may or may not be paying an additional WUP. That obviously doesn't make the previous statements in this forum "WRONG", just incomplete. I noted that Waves Support didn't go into this in any detail thereby again being divisive in the reply.

I also noticed all the things that must have been right in this thread that Waves Support DID NOT comment on.

I also agree with Lee that an overhaul, and an apology!!! for the WUP fiasco is in order.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I believe you when you say that Waves has AGAIN done an about face, Lee.
It shure wouldn't be the first time.

Yes, in all accounts from several forums, people have verified that WUP was additional with their bundle when they got the IR-L and Tune. It now it seems that you may or may not be paying an additional WUP. That obviously doesn't make the previous statements in this forum "WRONG", just incomplete. I noted that Waves Support didn't go into this in any detail thereby again being divisive in the reply.

I also noticed all the things that must have been right in this thread that Waves Support DID NOT comment on.

I also agree with Lee that an overhaul, and an apology!!! for the WUP fiasco is in order.

Someone needs to reorganize this company. I like the people that I speak to there, but they don't make the policies. It seems like once I pay for software that I should not have to rent it! G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS