Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2010, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Digidesign Audio Drivers wont Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelowls View Post
Thanks for the help, I did exactly what you said and removed everything. Only one file did not delete and it was the "digidesign" folder under WOW6432node. I just get a error message that says unable to delete.

After doing all the steps all the PT programs are gone and when I go to remove programs under Control Panel the only digidesign item I see is still the Audio Drivers X64, and it still will not uninstall or repair at all. I am getting all the same messages. This is crazy.
Put in your Pro Tools 8.0 disc and right click uninstall and run as admin.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:11 PM

lol... lowlevels, sorry i didnt mean to leave you hanging... but i did delete the registry as well(i didnt know if that had anything to do with it since they were still there for me to, as well), but afterwards, it was still in there... then i ran the driver install for 8.0.3 again, about 2 or 3 times, finally went in and tried to remove em the way they suggested, and it finally worked!!! now since you have deleted the registry, try to load the drivers a few more times, and then try to delete them.... hey, its worth a shot, may or may not work for you, but goodluck
Old 07-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binty View Post
Put in your Pro Tools 8.0 disc and right click uninstall and run as admin.
Ok I tried the right click on uninstall and it just deleted PT 8.0 and the driver is still there in control panel. Bummer.

Daryl....since I just deleted all my PT files again, do I need to install PT again and try what you are saying? And do you mean trying to install the 8.0.4b driver several times or PT 8.0.3? I think I have tried everything.
Thanks

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 AM

nah, i didnt install PT, i just installed the 8.0.4b driver file about 2 or 3 times, and then tried to install, and it finally deleted properly
Old 07-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylBham View Post
nah, i didnt install PT, i just installed the 8.0.4b driver file about 2 or 3 times, and then tried to install, and it finally deleted properly
I just reinstalled the 8.0.4b drivers 3 times and It still will not delete from control panel and when I run the uninstall program it still says

"the wizard was interrupted before digidesign audio drivers (x64) could be completely installed. You system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again"

I am about to give up on PT. I wonder is Digitechsupport can help out at all. Any additional reccomendations would be great.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM

This is a cry for help...Please someone just help me with this simple step. I have spent countless hours on this and all I want to do is just record some music.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 AM

man, im also having problems loading my old drivers that worked on there... i have downloaded that Acronis software, that way i wont have a problem when things are working right!!!