Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 PM

Default Digidesign Audio Drivers wont Delete

I have a Digi 002 on Windows 7 32bit.... i cannot delete the Digidesign Audio Driver out of "Control Panel"- "Programs and Features" - "Uninstall"... They are still there, even when i restart the computer, also the Digi 002 is not connected at all while im doing this
Old 07-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Digidesign Audio Drivers wont Delete

I am having the same exact problem but I am using mbox2. I try to delete the beta audio driver from control panel and it looks like it is deleting it but it never finishes.

I have posted about this several times and have not got any help or advice, except for post a Sandra report. So they won't help us till we do that. I have to wait till I get home.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 PM

well, i removed those drivers... after about 3 hours worth of digging, playing tech support, and etc... i basically removed them by reinstalling the 8.04b drivers like 2 or 3 times, and then i tried to uninstall them again, and they finally uninstalled(supposedly, that particular file was corrupt, when i tried to repair it, so what better way to repair than just reinstall)

however, now i have 8.04 install, and now im back to my original problem from my other post of my Adats not working properly with my PT 8.04

I would actually like to know if i have the correct files for the Digi 002 in the device manager, if anyone can confirm, which files are supposed to be there exactly under the Digi 002 Driver File Details

its under "Device Manager": "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers": "Digidesign Digi 002"(right click on this, and click properties): "Driver Tab": and go down to Driver Details: in the box that says, "Driver Files", does it read the following:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\DHS\Images\IO
C:\Program Files\Common FIles\DigidesignSetup\le02.png
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\DHS\jpn\002.str
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\DHS\kor\002.str
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\dg003.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dmk.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\portcls.sys

also, is this the correct "Driver Version"?: 8.0.4.351

Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2010, 11:26 PM

that is the correct driver version for 8.0.4

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 AM

now, i just need my input to work while recording... and in low latency
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylBham View Post
well, i removed those drivers... after about 3 hours worth of digging, playing tech support, and etc... i basically removed them by reinstalling the 8.04b drivers like 2 or 3 times, and then i tried to uninstall them again, and they finally uninstalled(supposedly, that particular file was corrupt, when i tried to repair it, so what better way to repair than just reinstall)

however, now i have 8.04 install, and now im back to my original problem from my other post of my Adats not working properly with my PT 8.04

I would actually like to know if i have the correct files for the Digi 002 in the device manager, if anyone can confirm, which files are supposed to be there exactly under the Digi 002 Driver File Details

its under "Device Manager": "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers": "Digidesign Digi 002"(right click on this, and click properties): "Driver Tab": and go down to Driver Details: in the box that says, "Driver Files", does it read the following:

Thanks in advance
Ok i may need to reinstall the 8.0.4b drivers again then. I cant find a link to it though. Do you have the link?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 AM

try this link... http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=363131
Old 07-24-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylBham View Post

Thanks in advance
I have been trying to delete this stupid beta driver for days and HOURS. And it just will not delete I go to control panel and try to uninstall and it just stops and never deletes. I have even uninstalled all pro tools files and this beta driver is still there. I just reinstalled 8.0 and then 8.3 and then I even reinstalled that beta driver to then try to uninstall it that way and whenever I do that I get a messages that states

"the wizard was interrupted before digidesign audio drivers (x64) could be completely installed. You system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again"

When I go to control panel to remove, I recently tried to hit Repair instead of uninstall and it says - " installation source for this product is unavailable"

Can anybody please help? I must be missing something here.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:47 PM

i'm not in front of my system but 2 things come to mind...

1) are there any errors in EVENT VIEWER that can help pinpoint reason for the uninstall not completin' successfully??

2) try goin' into to the PTLE folder where the uninstall utility/exe is, right click on it and 'run as admin'. see if that will uninstall the program and drivers.

hope that helps.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykhal c View Post
i'm not in front of my system but 2 things come to mind...

1) are there any errors in EVENT VIEWER that can help pinpoint reason for the uninstall not completin' successfully??

2) try goin' into to the PTLE folder where the uninstall utility/exe is, right click on it and 'run as admin'. see if that will uninstall the program and drivers.

hope that helps.
Hey thanks....I dont see any errors in Event Viewer, the only errors I see are the ones i typed above. I tried to run as admin and it looks like that will just delete all my pro tools folders again and wipe clean. I did try that earlier and it still did not fix it. Any othere ideas?? Thanks!