Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-1998, 02:36 PM

Default Re: How do I get V 2.X, does it involve cash?

To Simon;-

If you're realy stuck and your dealer is any good then thy should be able to lend you a copy of MLCD 2 till yours arrives. My local dealers at Audio Pro here in Portugal are first class at these things and have offerd me backup on this front a few times when I've been let down by Digi's update speed. All my dealers need to know is if I'm eligible for the update. For this reason I will continue to buy from them (if they can get the required product on time ) even if they are a little more expensive!

This is of course what local dealers are supposed to be for, otherwise the whole world could be sold by mail order!

Good luck anyway!

joules
Old 04-15-1998, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the offer Joules, but I have just called CSAdmin again (that's 5 times!), to be assured that they will send the upgrade out immediatly by DHL. So it should be here in the next couple of days (but that's what I thought a month ago!)

Also, here in Canberra, the capital of Australia, there are no Digi dealers!, I have to buy my Digi gear through dealers in Sydney, 300kms away! So my local Digi dealer is mail order anyway!

And to Tech Support, thanks for replying to my concerns, but it would be nice if, as well as reading the posted message, you could try to fully understand what I'm saying in the posted message!
Old 04-15-1998, 06:17 PM

Hi there Simon, I belive the point you are trying to make to Digi is as follows;

This is how I have seen it throught this thread!

Digi have to realise that their product is no game and peoples incomes relie upon this.

OK if I make a software up-grade without checking the compatibility of my other components then it´s a bit down to me to get this thing working, and usually within a few hours I can be up and running back on the old software till I get all the nescessary compatibility issues sorted.
However when the upgrade involves a hardware exchange there should be a much higher priority. I for one would not mind continuing on my older system for another week or so whilst they get the higher priority users, who are loosing income and clients, sorted out

Alternatively the hardware exchange programme could be adjusted to give the users a one or two week period with both systems present to ensure the smoothest changeover possible, and if, as in your case, there is problems then you can revert to the previous system till you have all compatible components present!

The entertainment industry has little logic and tight deadlines, and it can take just one problem, as you have, to loose a client to the next guy !

Many Pro Tools systems are used in semi pro situations where a problem of this nature would be a mere inconvinience, just as many systems are the centre of a small buisness (pre-pro, studio, post-pro, mastering...) which can paralise the whole operation (as is possible in my case, and yours) There should be some differentiation between these types of user on the part of Digidesign in the support programme, as some people update just for the sake of it whilst others update to keep working!

So no more excuses or reasons fon tech support thankyou! Just read this, think about it and pass on the message to somone who is responsible for this mess, and maybee can help relive the situation many small Pro users find themselves in, because without the pro users Digidesign would loose their credibility and be nothing more than another Turtle beach or Creative labs.

And to tech support / CS;-

e-mail me and let me know what to do about the registration info you´ve lost in England!

Respect

Joules
Old 04-16-1998, 09:05 AM
Avid

Joules,

Having sent your registration to the UK offices will have delayed the registration process as all registration is handled directly through our office here in the States. We typically get a shipment of registration cards or faxes from the UK office once a week.

It would speed up your registraion if you could fax us your sales receipt directly to us at 650-856-4275, or click on any of the links I have posted for the registration/upgrade department in previous posts to this string.

-tm-
Old 04-18-1998, 05:07 PM

Tech support

Sorry I should have been more specific. I sent my rgistration at the beginning of January so it realy does look like you've lost it!

And as I mentioned it will take quite some time to get the sales receipts

is there no other way to resolve this?
Old 04-20-1998, 11:02 AM
Avid

The registration department will require either the registration cards or a sales receipt. You can have the dealer where you purchased this from fax us the sales receipt as well.

-tm-