Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2017, 08:05 PM

Default Re: iPad Non-Pro 9.7" 7th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
OK. Let me go back and clarify a few things then because it should be working from what you tell me.
  • In EuControl the iPad Control shows and is in the right-hand column (as well as the left)
  • In PT just the EUCON checkbox in peripherals is selected.
  • You have a session open in PT.

With all this can you multi-finger swipe up on the iPad and then force quit the Control App. Then restart it and report back. If you can't do that, then hold the power key down on the iPad until it says shut down...do that and restart.
Report back....
All are as you described in the 1st paragraph.
But I couldn’t do the multi-finger thing. So I couldn’t force quit the control app (assuming you were referring to the iPad app and not the Mac Pro app).
So I manually close iPad control app, powered down the iPad, restarted it, then opened back up the control app. Still getting the same not connected message.
Thanks so much for all your help Eddie. I’m gonna shut down for the night. If you have any other suggestions I’ll follow up tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
All are as you described in the 1st paragraph.
But I couldn’t do the multi-finger thing. So I couldn’t force quit the control app (assuming you were referring to the iPad app and not the Mac Pro app).
So I manually close iPad control app, powered down the iPad, restarted it, then opened back up the control app. Still getting the same not connected message.
Thanks so much for all your help Eddie. I’m gonna shut down for the night. If you have any other suggestions I’ll follow up tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks again.
Hey Eddie if you get on the forums, I'd still like your help.
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Avid

I'll message you...
Old 12-24-2017, 12:55 PM

I am still unable to get my iPad to connect to Pro Tools after all this time. But based on reading the thread titled ‘Control won't connect - what am I missing?’, I believe my issue is purely based on my Router. I’m gonna search around the house for another router, I’m positive I have a linksys laying around somewhere, and give it a try with that one. I’ll report back.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM

-uninstall Eucon,
-run the clean uninstall script, (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nstall-for-Mac)
-do a fresh download and install of Eucon.
-deleted app from iPad and re install app.

Just a quick follow up.
I followed the above instructions and was finally able to get myself sorted out.

One thing I have have to mention with my set-up. I have to open things in a very specific order for my iPad app connect and function. Its very hit or miss, sometimes it works out off the sequence, but sometimes the only way to get the iPad to be connected is the following order.
1. Turn on Pro Tools Dock
2. Open a Pro Tools Session
3. Open Pro Tools Control app on iPad.

Like I said it is possible to re-arrange the order, but i find this order works most often and with the least amount of fuss.