Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 PM

Default difference importing audio OK=drag/drop Crash=appl+Shift+I (humpfh)

What is the difference while importing audio by doing it with quick keys to locate the file compared to draggin/dropping into the session?
Seems that a client is using our rig and when importing audio using quick keys, pro tools will crash immediately upon hitting the 3 keys. When they drag and drop, all is good. Clients session originated on a PT 7.4 rig.
Our quick key importing of audio worked fine before this client came in (and if I create a new session now), but here are the special situations on the rig for this weeks session:
New plugins installed: Waves v7 Mercury+SSL, Abbey road brilliance pack, Ozone 3, SPL trans desig and CL-1B along with their impulse response folder for TL Space.
My system does have a user account for clients with limited permissions on the OS drive - because engineers have recorded to the internal drive and left master vocals, gtrs, ... burried on the OS drive in the past - more than once, and different engineers, so this setup has avoided that situation for many years now.

(pulling my hair out on this problem)

Mac Pro 10.4.11
PT 7.3.1cs7
Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 AM

Default Re: difference importing audio OK=drag/drop Crash=appl+Shift+I (humpfh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATP View Post
What is the difference while importing audio by doing it with quick keys to locate the file compared to draggin/dropping into the session?
Seems that a client is using our rig and when importing audio using quick keys, pro tools will crash immediately upon hitting the 3 keys. When they drag and drop, all is good. Clients session originated on a PT 7.4 rig.
Our quick key importing of audio worked fine before this client came in (and if I create a new session now), but here are the special situations on the rig for this weeks session:
New plugins installed: Waves v7 Mercury+SSL, Abbey road brilliance pack, Ozone 3, SPL trans desig and CL-1B along with their impulse response folder for TL Space.
My system does have a user account for clients with limited permissions on the OS drive - because engineers have recorded to the internal drive and left master vocals, gtrs, ... burried on the OS drive in the past - more than once, and different engineers, so this setup has avoided that situation for many years now.

(pulling my hair out on this problem)

Mac Pro 10.4.11
PT 7.3.1cs7
What troubleshooting have you done besides the usual trashing databases and prefs? I can think of no other reason for your problem other than some kind of corruption anomaly .. ff
Old 01-23-2010, 01:41 PM

Default Re: difference importing audio OK=drag/drop Crash=appl+Shift+I

As one of the clients, G, mentioned, we tried bumping up to 7.4 (another frustrated digi auth post of mine this week) and the issue cleared up - keeping their newly installed plugs on the rig. I'm not sure what exact plugin listed above was causing this error, but we will assume it was Waves v7.
When I cloned the rig back to our standard system, ie before installing those plugs listed above, I had no troubles importing audio on their session using quick-keys or drag n drop. But they're good on 7.4 now and that's the end of this issue. Thanks G