Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2017, 01:55 PM

Default XPand!2 Manual

Is there an XPand!2 Manual out there? All I've been able to find is a short chapter in the "Creative Collection Plugin Guide" that has a really short chapter on XPand!2.

I'm just trying to create a custom drum kit; I play heavy rock and none of the preset kits come close to having a usable sound for that genre. For example, in the "Part Slots" area (The area on the left with the 4 rectangular areas that are listed A, B, C and D) it let's you choose the instrument, in my case Drums. So I choose Drums in the first of the 4 in the "Part Slots" section. Then under that (in the first rectangular section) you can choose what type of drum. Let's say I want a Snare. I go and select the Snare Selection. It shows up in that same first section of Part Slots and that's where I get stuck. How do I get to the menu where it let's me choose between all the snare sounds?

If anyone could point me to a link that has a more in-depth manual or wouldn't mind taking the time to explain it to me it'd be greatly appreciated. I tried going onto the XPand!2 website, but you need to have a registration code to open a support ticket, but I don't have one since this plugin came with Pro Tools. I also can't find any type of manual on that site.

Thanks.