Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #541  
Old 03-21-2019, 12:33 AM
TrentWilliams TrentWilliams is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 780
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

I updated my portable workstation to Mojave - In all honesty I would stay at High Sierra. High Sierra is a good, solid, and stable OS. Mojave isn’t as good. I hate the triple layered security firewall where you have to consistently allow your software to talk to each other. I had to recalibrate my battery and reset the SMC after install because I needed to ‘service battery’. Graphic drawing seems slower all around, it’s slower to boot, and generally seems heavier. *just my ‘imo’.

As an extra note:

This-morning I've attempted to optimise Mojave. I've noticed a improvement in graphics drawing and general 'snappiness'.

This was done on a 2015 MacBook Pro, Retina, 2.5GHz i7, 16GB Ram

\- Dark Mode, with Highlight Colour: Graphite.
\- Dynamic Wallpaper; Off
\- Turn Spotlight off for drives that aren't necessary for Pro Tools; Time Machine, etc ..
\- Automatically Adjust Brightness; Off.
\- Adjust Keyboard Brightness in low light; Off.
\- Automatic Graphics Switching; Off.
\- Animate opening applications; Off.

Either just wait for 2019.3, or stay at High Sierra, 2018.12.0 - it’s a good combo
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.6|Ultimate, UAD Apollo 8, UAD Octo+Quad Satellite, UAD Apollo Twin Quad Core, Focusrite 8PreX • iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz i7 - macOS 10.14.4 • RAM 32GB DDR3, GPU NVidia GTX 780M 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 03-21-2019, 07:25 PM
GORILLA GORILLA is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Ma's house...hehehe
Posts: 1,812
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Man, I haven't been in here since 2016....started with a 001 in 1999....stayed till 2003 on a 002. Seen Pro Tools 2019 was coming and before I pulled the trigger to come back. Figured I check good ol DUC.... glad I did.
__________________
METAL LABS
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 03-22-2019, 09:30 AM
stanonbass stanonbass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 912
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Any idea when the next update is coming? I feel like I gave avid 400 bucks for nothing. I hope its a good one.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 03-22-2019, 09:57 AM
Eric Lambert's Avatar
Eric Lambert Eric Lambert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,754
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent W. View Post
I updated my portable workstation to Mojave - In all honesty I would stay at High Sierra. High Sierra is a good, solid, and stable OS. Mojave isn’t as good. I hate the triple layered security firewall where you have to consistently allow your software to talk to each other. I had to recalibrate my battery and reset the SMC after install because I needed to ‘service battery’. Graphic drawing seems slower all around, it’s slower to boot, and generally seems heavier. *just my ‘imo’.

As an extra note:

This-morning I've attempted to optimise Mojave. I've noticed a improvement in graphics drawing and general 'snappiness'.

This was done on a 2015 MacBook Pro, Retina, 2.5GHz i7, 16GB Ram

\- Dark Mode, with Highlight Colour: Graphite.
\- Dynamic Wallpaper; Off
\- Turn Spotlight off for drives that aren't necessary for Pro Tools; Time Machine, etc ..
\- Automatically Adjust Brightness; Off.
\- Adjust Keyboard Brightness in low light; Off.
\- Automatic Graphics Switching; Off.
\- Animate opening applications; Off.

Either just wait for 2019.3, or stay at High Sierra, 2018.12.0 - it’s a good combo
I've had all those Mojave-related issues.
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 03-23-2019, 10:19 AM
Chingy Chingy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 404
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
Any idea when the next update is coming? I feel like I gave avid 400 bucks for nothing. I hope its a good one.
Nobody knows. You likely won’t get $400 worth of stuff. Hope is futile.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 03-23-2019, 10:56 AM
Philthy Philthy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 1,246
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

I'm still on PRoTools 10... glad you guys are all so eager to keep beta testing for me.
__________________
Phil Mann
Silk City Music Factory - CT Recording Studio
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:12 PM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 690
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingy View Post
Nobody knows. You likely won’t get $400 worth of stuff. Hope is futile.
$99 if you took up the deal over the last xmas season. So my nothingness cost me 1/4 of your expected nothingness.
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.#, Cubase 9.5, Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:16 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 11,720
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
$99 if you took up the deal over the last xmas season. So my nothingness cost me 1/4 of your expected nothingness.
I think they are talking about the HD (Ultimate) which is $399 a year
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:39 PM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 690
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I think they are talking about the HD (Ultimate) which is $399 a year
oooop's ok my bad
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.#, Cubase 9.5, Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 03-23-2019, 03:27 PM
SDDP SDDP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angles, CA
Posts: 501
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
Any idea when the next update is coming? I feel like I gave avid 400 bucks for nothing. I hope its a good one.
I heard this Tuesday March 26th.
__________________
-Mac Pro 5,1 12core 2.4GHz Westmere 40g
-RX 580 8GB GPU
-OSX 10.12.6 on a 1TB SSD Via PCIE card
-PTHDN 2019.5 Ultimate
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX7 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 3
-iZotope Music Production Suite 2.1
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 features for pro tools vanilla ? cmbourget Pro Tools 2018 29 03-04-2019 03:00 PM
Namm 2019 jeffro General Discussion 2 01-26-2019 10:22 AM
Looks like at least 2019 before new Mac Pro K Roche Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) 3 04-19-2018 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com