Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2014, 08:58 PM

Default RME HDSPe and Digiface Issues

My RME gear has got to go since it doesn't play nice with ProTools but til then I have an issue.

I was experimenting again with changing sample rates from 44.1kHz in ProTools with my RME gear. I changed it to 96kHz and it was very difficult to get a ProTools session back to 44.1kHz.

I have sessions working at 44.1kHz at 64 buffers, but the delay is far greater than 64 buffers.

I uninstalled PT and the RME hardware and reinstalled. The delay is only in PT - Reaper latency is as would be expected.

Any ideas on how to get ProTools to get realigned with the RME gear?

Dave
Old 01-07-2014, 05:24 AM

Default Re: RME HDSPe and Digiface Issues

FYI - its only some old sessions. I am not sure whats causing it yet.

Does anyone else have issues with RME gear and changing sample rates?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM

Dave,
I run PT11 with an RME HDSPe AES card from a Lynx Aurora 16 on a Win7 machine. It really works great for me. But juggling sample rates does take a bit of discipline. Before opening PT, I have to make sure the Lynx, RME, and PT session rates all line up. I incorporate the sample rate into the file naming convention for PT sessions so I can make adjustments before starting PT.

Mo
Old 01-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morristyson View Post
Dave,
I run PT11 with an RME HDSPe AES card from a Lynx Aurora 16 on a Win7 machine. It really works great for me. But juggling sample rates does take a bit of discipline. Before opening PT, I have to make sure the Lynx, RME, and PT session rates all line up. I incorporate the sample rate into the file naming convention for PT sessions so I can make adjustments before starting PT.

Mo
Mo -

Thanks - I have gotten to work somewhat by making sure PT is shut down and the RME gear is set to the appropriate sample rate before opening a session. I have a session that appears to somehow got corrupt after opening on a sample rate change. I can play it at the appropriate Sample Rate - but it now has some odd thing going on with latency. I checked delay compensation etc, but the session for no explainable reason to me has a great deal of latency. If I delete tracks to make the session an audio track and a master track the latency disappears.

Have you ever had a similar experience with a session?

If I cant reliable jump sample rates and the latency being tolerable on existing projects - it just isn't going to fly.

Dave
Old 01-15-2014, 06:50 PM

I am only updating this post for reference if someone searches RME HDSPe compatibility with Pro Tools.

I have been very carefully experimenting with creating projects at 44.1 and 96kHz and changing the hardware sample rate and then opening projects. I have not found a way to do it reliably with my:
  • RME HDSPe
  • RME Digiface

When opening projects the interface is automatically changed to the wrong sample rate and then PT throws an error. Once I do get a project too open. It has an increased level of latency. If I then create a duplicate new project there is no additional latency.