Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Default Edit Pack error -43 on W7, works on OSX

Hi all

our new(ly bought) ProControl has a problem. Its a main unit, fader pack and edit pack connected together. The Edit Pack wont initialize under W7-x64. I can select the other two and work fine, I cen even select the edit pack (so comms should be okay) but when I click OK on the window I get an error -43. This error is not listed anywhere I looked. When I connect the same thing to my portable MacBook Pro rig it works absolutely fine!!! I tried resetting the software, uploading it again (from the mac, obviously), change RJ45 sockets, cables, select only the edit pack and main unit, etc. On a clean W7 install, with or without updates. BIOS updated, ethernet card has only this driver. Ran out of ideas. Any help appreciated.

Balazs
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Edit Pack error -43 on W7, works on OSX

I have not yet solved this.

Things I tried since last post:

-reinstalled PT9
-reinstalled W7-x64
-deleted and installed W7-32bit (x86)
-new ethernet adapter (this is an asus one and the only one I was able to find on saturday. Its not a very common chipset, either).
-disabling windows firewall and antivirus sw
-fader and main controller on one adapter and edit pack on other doesnt work
-tried disabling the keyboard and mouse in the editpack, to see if its causing any problems
so far no luck. Any ideas?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:05 AM

Default SOLVED: Edit Pack error -43 on W7, works on OSX

I got it! I GOT IT! Screw Avid for not testing this really, its a very basic bug! okay, maybe it doesnt happen everywhere, but this MUST go into troubleshooting! Please AVID put this into your notes, so no one else spends 3 days finding it...

so here is what to do if you have a procontrol installed:
-unplug internet. if you want to have internet on your PT machine (which I'd really not do), use a separate ethernet card
-go to the control panel-network-network-adapter settings
-right-click the network card you're using for Procontrol, select properties
-DISABLE every network protocol except for Digidesign Ethernet Support

I dont know which layer causes a problem, but if I enable TCP/IPv4, which is the basic internet layer, my edit pack goes dead. I have to re-enable and then restart protools to get it back.

I'M so happy! now to get that Machine control and firewire video out working...