Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Beware Rack 002 users

Tele,
If you read the postings the town was Calgary - 600 miles away. And yup pardner the next time I mosey inta town I'll take that baby with me.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Beware Rack 002 users - Digi won - I lost!!!!!!!

Today I gave up and called Digi. I have a replacement rack unit on the way to replace my faulty out of the box 002 rack. I will be forced to pay the return shipping costs even though the product never worked as specified. Thank you Digi for your great product support and extraordinary customer fairness. Hey how did this urine get on my boot?
Old 10-31-2003, 01:40 AM

Keith,
Glad it's being resolved for you though I'm sorry about the shipping. Hopefully it'll be worth it...
Hearing you guys mention Calgary brings back some cool memories, because back in '88(Winter Olympics) I skiied up in Banff at Lake Louise. I'm down in Memphis and had thought I'de seen mountains until I saw those N. Rockies... Sulphur Mountain...just incredible. We arrived at midnight in Calgary (which is flat with no mountains in sight) and rode this huge-windowed bus directly to Banff. With a full moon out, suddenly outside my bus window were the first real mountains I've ever seen. They actually looked blue in the moonlight, and with ice caps. Their outline was crystal clear, even though it was night. I mean seriously, it was a vision I'll always remember,
So yeah.... Canada is a cool place to me. Any of you guys ever been to Banff?
-Roy
Old 10-31-2003, 05:27 AM

Hi Roy,
Banff is one beautiful place. I try to pass through there as often as possible. That is a great story. Reminds me of the time I got storm stayed in the Grand Canyon village and the electricity went out. What a beautiful place!!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:35 AM

Good, you noticed the humour in that line!
Quote:
Tele,
If you read the postings the town was Calgary - 600 miles away. And yup pardner the next time I mosey inta town I'll take that baby with me.

Old 10-31-2003, 07:58 AM

Quote:
What a long drive! What were you doing?
was on tour with a band or two doing FOH. mostly small clubs but fun none the less. great way to see a country, even if only a small part of it. i've never done that kind of drive here - it's too sparsely populated for a full driving tour. i have a great love of all things boeing here in australia... (save the 737-300. they hurt my ears. i think whoever was responsible for the cabin preasurisation system was asleep the day they let that thing out!)
Old 10-31-2003, 02:27 PM

Hey Roy,

Two trips through Banff and yes it's a beautiful place. The first trip was me, myself and I doing an extended winter road trip from Toronto, west on the Trans Canada Highway to Vancouver ( you should try going through the Rockies in February with no snow tires and no chains), ferry to Victoria, ferry to Port Angeles and down US 1 and US 101, through California and Arizona and on down into Mexico as far south as Guadalajara. Then back up through Nashville and home. A little over 10,000 miles as I recall.

Second trip was Linda and I in the summer for Expo 86 in Vancouver and then down into California and Arizona and back up through Nashville. We've also done the trip east right to Newfoundland's western shore, so I can say we've been in all 10 provinces (we've missed the territories so far) and a lot of the States in the US.

Thanks for jogging my memory! And Keith, not good customer service in Digi's part.

Cheers,

SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-01-2003, 01:39 AM

Hi Bruce,
Nice to hear from you again. You crossed my mind the other day. I know that you do voiceover stuff and I was watching Frasier. It looked like he was using an RE-20. Is that what you are using?
Keith
Old 11-01-2003, 03:18 AM

up

Old 11-01-2003, 11:15 AM

Hi Keith,

I don't have an RE-20, although I've used one in studios many times and do like the microphone. I have a Rode NTK and a Rode NT1000. I almost always use the NTK, it suits my voice very well. Strange as it may seem, the RE-20, a dynamic mic, costs the same or more than the NTK, which is a large capsule, tube condenser.

I'm going to be buying an 002 Rack fairly soon, but fortunately won't have your problem if it's a dud, as a quick trip downtown to my supplier is all it will take for an exchange. Actually, it would be déja vu as my first 001 was a dud right out of the box.

Again, I don't think you should have been stuck for the shipping, but hopefully it will be worth it. I'd be interested to hear what you think of the 002 when you get it back.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction